As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
- Outstanding training and development opportunities.
- Supportive and collaborative team culture
- Permanent opportunity based in Melbourne or Ballarat
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Business Unit and Team
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence. You will be part of a large collaborative and diverse project team who are focused on skills development and customer delivery.
What will I be doing?
- Developing test scripts and scenarios based on the testing plan and following standard procedures and templates to ensure product testing is comprehensive.
- Execution of test cases, check and document results to ensure the system’s technical and functional requirements are met.
- Ensuring all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures to ensure information retention and re-use.
- Contributing to testing of any actions taken to rectify users’ problems to ensure user and system requirements are met and that changes integrate with the production system.
What experience will I need?
- Degree qualified or hold equivalent skill.
- Demonstrated experience in writing and executing test scripts.
- Experience using test tools (i.e. SOAP UI, Rational Test products, etc).
- Experience in automation testing is preferred but not mandatory.
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s 8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). The positions are, therefore, only open to Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander applicants. The successful applicant must be an Australian citizen and must be eligible to obtain a higher AGSVA security clearance due to the nature of client work.
- Be an Australian Citizen and identify as Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander.
- Been a resident in Australia for the past 5 years (i.e., can't have moved to Australia only 4 or 4.5 years ago).
- Not spent greater than 12 months cumulative out of Australia during the past 5 years.
- Satisfy an AU Gov client Pre-Engagement Integrity Check.
- Be eligible to obtain an AGSVA baseline security clearance or already have AGSVA baseline security clearance.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Melbourne, Regional Victoria
- Closing Date:31st May 2021, 7:00 am