IBM Garage is IBM’s approach to enable enterprises to accelerate, break through, and work more like start-ups. The IBM Garage experience seamlessly blends business strategy, design and technology into a single end-to-end journey.
We use our lean-and-agile-influenced Garage Method to drive customer success on the IBM Cloud platform at an accelerated pace. We bring clients into the Garage to collaboratively develop applications using IBM’s Design Thinking approach. This user-centred approach naturally flows into a collection of agile practices for developing the apps and scaling them in production.
We assemble ‘A’ teams of Developers, Architects, Designers, Data scientists and project managers to work together in multi-disciplinary teams. Pairing is at the core of the way we are doing development and the way we are aiding clients to drive successful outcomes. Garage developers will do pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration and deployment using modern tools. We love co-creation, fast build pipelines, making great software, solving customer problems, and learning new things. Our technical career path means even our senior developers code and share their knowledge by pairing.
We need a Developer who will develop in these key areas:
- Contribute your technical expertise co-creating impactful business solutions with a dynamic and diverse team:
- Demonstrate growth mindset and continuous learning staying current on IBM strategy and offerings.
- Develop strong analytical, problem-solving skills combined with a keen desire to build quality code in an agile process.
- Design, code, and test innovative solutions.
- Learn and apply our agile method practices on client projects.
- Practice Pair Programming and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Create impactful relationships:
- Create strong, collaborative client relationships that invoke trust and confidence in the team’s ability to deliver.
- Develop a strong technical network within IBM and the client, including developers, designers, solution architects and product owners.
- Become a vocal advocate within the developer community sharing best practices and advice.
The primary teams that you will work with are Garage Developers, Designers, Architects & Project Managers, Customer Product Owners, Subject Matter Experts and Garage Practice Leaders.
The IBM Garage is looking for talent that has a passion to innovate and is willing to take on challenges that are outside of their comfort zone.
This position will be in Melbourne.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- Good understanding of computer architectures, operating systems, and networks.
- Great communication skills – be able and keen to work directly with clients.
- A curious fast learner – you should be keen to experiment and adopt new technologies for new projects.
- Understanding and practical application of agile methods.
- Experience in distributed systems and Cloud Computing.
- Experience with extreme programming and TDD.
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Are in your final year of tertiary education OR have graduated from an Australian university no earlier than 2021.
- Have less than 2 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Maintain a credit average
- Are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:4th Feb 2022, 12:59 pm