We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers to join us as part of our graduate consultant program; The IBM Services Associate Program.
- Exciting Graduate Consultant opportunity in our newly created GBS Security Practice.
- Get access to the latest education, tools and technology including training and certification tailored to your role.
- Be supported by a network of fellow graduates, experienced professionals, mentors and global communities.
- Work in diverse teams that champion inclusion and a culture of giving back.
This is a full time permanent position starting in July 2021. We're open to candidates based in Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra.
Cybersecurity isn’t just about hackers and defences. It’s about people and the way security impacts their daily lives. Protecting the world is an ambitious goal, but an important one that unites us. Our mission drives the way we design security solutions. It guides the way we serve customers and help organizations and communities reach their potential. To make this mission a reality, we hire world-class talent, which doesn’t live inside a security bubble. We look for people who share our values and ambitions, not necessarily those with a background in security. This role does not require a technical background we are seeking recent graduates from multiple disciplines including international studies, psychology, law, government policies and risk. We are building our GBS Security Practice, but we are missing one thing – you!
Work in our team could include any of the following:
- Collecting information on threat intelligence from X-Force but also from cyber world events and hacks, and finding ways to communicate the threat landscape to clients in different formats
- Helping clients define their risk appetite using our tools and building cyber strategies around this and in alignment with industry frameworks
- Helping clients identify their ‘crown jewels’ to protect and undertaking cost estimates for a potential breach so they can prioritise their investments and spend where it matters most
- Providing cyber capability uplift to raise awareness of malicious activity and risk – explain terms like social engineering and insider threats, assist with training and talks on this
- Helping write points of view and thought papers for government legislation that relates to cyber security
- Help assess cyber risk maturity against a range of compliance and legal frameworks
- Work with technology teams to help strengthen cyber vulnerabilities and communicate to Boards, committees, and their broader stakeholders about cyber risk priorities
- Assist with client delivery on projects ranging from building cyber roadmaps through to their cloud journey
- Cloud security advisory – readiness for cloud, which cloud journey to take and how to protect workloads in the cloud
What experience and skills do I need to be successful in this role?
- A Degree in International Studies, Psychology, Law, Legal Studies, Government Policy, Risk, Accounting.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as working independently when required
- A growth mindset, and commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology-based consulting environment.
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Are in your final year of tertiary education OR have graduated from an Australian University no earlier than 2019,
- Have less than 2 years relevant full-time work experience,
- Maintain a credit average, and
- Are an Australian Citizen.
IBM welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. If you require accommodations or adjustments, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through the application process.
Our process includes Talent Acquisition reviewing applications, selecting candidates to complete online cognitive assessments (invitation received via email), then shortlisting candidates to complete the interview process.
It is helpful if you upload your CV, Academic Transcript (unofficial is acceptable) and Right-To-Work documents (Australian Passport or Birth Certificate/Photo ID).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Banking and Finance,...
- Work rights:
Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne,...
- Closing Date:31st May 2021, 7:00 am