Did you know IBM Australia was awarded most popular ‘Large’ Technology Employer Award by Gradconnection for 2017?
At IBM you'll flourish like no-where else. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment – you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you’ve always imagined. What can you do at IBM? You can innovate breakthroughs. You can help people live healthier lives. You can have the support of over 380,000 colleagues. Imagine what you can help us do.
Startwise is our official 1 year graduate program, where we look after all aspects of your professional and personal development. Different streams within our graduate program offer additional training on top of Startwise. Furthermore, as a new IBMer you'll remain connected with all of your fellow graduates through our social networks.
- Monthly connect sessions designed to better develop soft skills
- Mentor program to help connect you with leaders around the business
- Graduate network representative roles
- Inferno Recognition event awarded to high achieving graduates
- Communicating with Impact training course
- Graduation celebration
- We have opportunities in a number of locations across Australia and New Zealand. Locations may vary depending on demand and you may at times need to travel between IBM locations and client sites.
- Sydney: St. Leonards, West Pennant Hills and Client site.
- Melbourne: Southbank and Client site.
- Other: New Zealand (Auckland & Wellington), Canberra, Bathurst, Adelaide, Perth, Ballarat and Brisbane.
To be eligible for our Graduate Program you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or permanent residency holder
- Have completed a tertiary degree at a University in Australia or New Zealand within the last two years.
- Have a strong academic record, i.e. credit average or above
- Less than 2 years relevant work experience
- Upload your CV, cover letter, current academic transcript, and current right to work documents (valid passport, or birth certificate and valid drivers license).
- You will be invited to sit our online aptitude test (IPAT) the following business day after you’ve applied online.
- Once you’ve passed the aptitude test, you’ll be invited for an HR interview. This interview will establish whether you meet our minimum requirements and are eligible for hire. If you are a good fit for one of our positions, you’ll be invited to participate in the second round of selection – for graduates this is our assessment centre day which is a day of activities and two manager interviews.
- If you are successful, you will be extended an offer
This table below is designed as an aid to help you visualise where a career may take you within our organisation. It is meant as a guide and is by no means an indication of any set path. Roles may differ year on year and a career in technology is never set in stone.
|Engineering (electrical, electronic, chemical, software, mechanical)|
|Project Manager |
|Engineering (computer) |
Business Information Systems