The position offered will enable a recently or almost finished graduate the opportunity to use their skills and knowledge from their studies to be able to solve complex real world taxation and accounting problems for entities such as Individuals, SMEs, Companies, Partnerships, Trusts and Self-Managed Superannuation Funds. The position offers applicants the opportunity to prepare income tax returns, Business Activity statements and financial statements on a daily basis. Our firm offers flexible working hours to accommodate family commitments and also an applicant whom is studying towards a qualification in further accounting studies such as the Chartered Accounts Program or CPA program. In addition, the office is located in Surfers Paradise which may suit an applicant who lives either on the southern or northern end of the Gold Coast and does not wish to travel to Brisbane and beyond. The successful applicant will possess and be able to demonstrate the following attributes;
- Ability to prepare manual balancing journal entries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles that encompass the AASB/IASB framework.
- A comprehensive knowledge of income tax, GST and FBT legislation contained in the Income Tax Assessment Acts.
- Has experience with customer service and interactions with the public.
- Be able to work independently and completing tasks within budgeted time-frames and deadlines.
- Excellent competence in Excel, Word, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in use of Xero, QuickBooks and MYOB not essential but will greatly aid the successful applicant.
In addition to the above duties, the position offers daily interaction with the principal of the firm and access to qualified Chartered Accountants for any support or mentoring with any accounting and taxation studies. If interest please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or alternatively you can call the hiring manager, Jennifer Jarquin, on 07 5592 4404. References will assist applicants in their application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Level 4, 9 Beach Road, Surfers Paradise, Queensland, 4217Locations:
- Closing Date:3rd Dec 2019, 12:59 pm