LIFE AT IMC AS 2021 /22 TRADER SUMMER INTERN
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading - Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
YOUR ROLE AS A TRADER INTERN
IMC trades a wide range of financial instruments, in different ways. Therefore, we look for different types of Traders. During your internship, you’ll be exposed to a number of different financial products and trading strategies, and you’ll learn how IMC trades & manages their risk across various markets.
As a Trader Intern, you will:
- See what it is like to be a trader at IMC, and develop your trading skills by being involved in a number of different meaningful and challenging projects
- Learn about the trading industry and market-making while closely interacting with our Traders and Technologists
- Participate in classroom sessions and mock trading
- Be supported by a mentor who will oversee your progress through the Internship
- Learn to work at a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded
- Potentially secure a Graduate position before actually graduating
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
- Currently in your penultimate year of study
- Studying a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Maths, Statistics, Actuaries, Finance or Economics with a minimum overall mark of at least a Distinction average, or equivalent
- An avid problem solver who has a flair for numerical analysis
- Competitive, driven to win, and thrive in a team environment
- Comfortable making decisions in uncertainty, and able to remain focused under pressure
- Passionate about financial markets (no prior knowledge or experience is required)
- Salary of $100,000
- Real projects, from day one
- Accommodation in Sydney
- A structured, 10-week trader-training program
- The support to succeed
- A highly competitive salary and many perks
- A fun work environment including many social activities, in a cool office and with great people
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Internships
Actuary, Banking and Finance, Computer Science,...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:14th May 2021, 1:59 pm