LIFE AT IMC AS 2021/22 HARDWARE ENGINEER SUMMER INTERN
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading - Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
HARDWARE ENGINEER INTERN
Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
If so, then our Hardware Engineering Internship is for you! At IMC, Hardware Engineers don’t just write code and design technology. They are responsible for spotting new opportunities, developing new technologies and solving problems. As a result, they deliver results and make a difference. IMC knows that having the best technology is what drives our business. Hardware development is pragmatic, fun and challenges complexity through innovation.
YOUR ROLE AS A HARDWARE ENGINEER INTERN
As a Hardware Engineer Intern you will;
- Learn what it means to be an Engineer in a real-world environment
- Develop your knowledge of algorithm complexity, professional design, and writing fluent code
- Have the freedom to find your niche within the firm and excel
- Enhance your knowledge of our business model
- Build key relationships across our trading and technology teams
A few reasons why this is your future internship;
- Develop your technical skills
- Work on meaningful and challenging projects
- Learn to work at a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognized and rewarded.
- Secure a graduate position before actually graduating.
As a Hardware Engineer Intern at IMC you will be supported by a mentor who will oversee your projects and professional development. You will have access to pair programming and code reviews, not to mention our incredible social activities and events.
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
Great relationships are based on an exchange, the give and the get. Here we get straight to the point;
The Give – what you’ll need to bring
- In penultimate year of your study
- Bachelor or Masters in Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems programmatically;
- Must have proficient experience in Verilog, VHDL or other RTL programming (additional software experience is a plus; Python, C++, or similar);
- Willingness to interact and work closely with non-engineers in a constantly changing environment;
- Willingness to be a team player, at IMC we’re in it together.
The Get – what we’ll give you
- Meaningful and challenging projects with actual hardware development – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
Housing in Sydney
- 10 week structured program
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Compensation – highly competitive salary, accommodation (and costs) taken care off
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool office with great people.
- Possibility for a Graduate offer.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Internships
Actuary, Banking and Finance, Computer Science,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:12th Feb 2021, 3:29 am