LIFE AT IMC AS 2022 GRADUATE SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading - Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
SYSTEMS ENGINEERS AT IMC
Are you passionate about technology? Do you enjoy the process of problem-solving, a process where you recognise areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
At IMC, our Systems Engineers are responsible for maintaining a robust, best in class, extremely low latency Linux trading environment. Getting the right balance of speed and quality is crucial to what they do. Utilising and developing a wide range of tools, Systems Engineers look to automate all aspects of the platform.
YOUR ROLE AS A GRADUATE SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER:
As a Graduate, you will:
- Start with an international traineeship in our Chicago or Amsterdam office
- Focus on enhancing your knowledge and ability to operate a wide range of tools, using a combination of in-house courses and trading simulations designed by experienced Traders and Engineers
- Understand how trading systems work so you can support IMC’s day-to-day trading activities
- Learn how automation, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery works at IMC, allowing us to deploy everything – hardware, software, solutions – rapidly and repeatably
- Be assigned a mentor from our pool of seasoned Trading Systems Engineers
- Collaborate with Traders, Quants and other Engineers to bring our trading strategies and platform to the next level
- Have continuous opportunities to learn new technologies and programming languages in our dynamic environment
- Develop, maintain, and improve the management of hardware and software systems at scale
- Start in either February or August 2022
What makes it fun?
- We have a very quick feedback loop. We release early and often to get incremental benefits as they are developed.
- We operate at the bleeding edge of technology. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will actively invest in developing and utilising the solution.
- We believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different offices. Much of our technology stack is shared between all 3 regions, and we provide opportunities to travel between each.
- To get the best results, we encourage everybody to gain an understanding of both the trading strategy and how exchanges work on a technological level.
- We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach.
At IMC, we foster a supportive environment that gives you the freedom to contribute and assume real responsibility, right from day one.
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
- An academic background in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or a related field of study with an overall mark of at least a Distinction average, or equivalent
- Experience working with Linux operating systems
- An interest in deploying, running and monitoring applications (knowledge of Docker or other DevOps tools a plus)
- Experience with Python and/or Bash scripting
- A DevOps focused mindset with a comprehensive view of technology environments
- Broad experience across Mongo, MySQL, Java, networking, and Puppet (this is beneficial but not a prerequisite)
- A willingness to interact and work closely with Traders and Engineers in a constantly changing environment
- Total $175,000 (including $100,000 Salary) in your first year as a Graduate starting in February 2022
- Real projects and the ability to make a real impact, from day one
- The support to succeed
- A fun work environment including many social activities, in a cool office and with great people
- The chance to travel – we’re global, you will be too
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:29th Apr 2021, 1:59 pm