LIFE AT IMC AS 2022 GRADUATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading - Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
ENGINEERING AT IMC
Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
At IMC, Software Engineers don’t just write code and design technology. They are responsible for spotting new opportunities, developing new technologies and solving problems. Our software makes millions of trading decisions daily and we win by making smarter and faster decisions than our competition, on some of the most competitive markets across the globe. As a result, our Software Engineers deliver results and make a difference.
YOUR ROLE AS A GRADUATE SOFTWARE ENGINER:
During your time as a Graduate you will:
- Start with an international traineeship, in at two of our global offices
- Focus on enhancing your knowledge of development cycles, programming and technologies, with a combination of in-house courses and trading simulations designed by experienced traders and engineers
- Be assigned a mentor from our pool of seasoned Software Engineers
- Collaborate with traders, quants and other engineers to bring our trading strategies and platform to the next level
- Have continuous opportunities to learn new technologies and programming languages in our dynamic environment
- Develop, maintain, and improve trading models, algorithms, and systems
At IMC, we foster a supportive environment that allows you the freedom to contribute and assume real responsibility, even on day one.
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
Great relationships are based on an exchange - the give and the get. Here we get straight to the point;
The Give – what you’ll need to bring
- Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field of study with an overall mark of at least a Distinction average, or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Proficient experience in a programming language (Java or C++ preferred)
- Willingness to interact and work closely with non-engineers in a constantly changing environment.
The Get – what we’ll give you
- $175,000 in your first year (Salary $100,000 + Sign on bonus $25,000 + First year bonus $50,000)
- Real projects – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
- Responsibility – this isn’t a practice run, you’ll make a real impact
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool offices with great people
- The chance to travel – we’re global, you will be too
- You will start in either February or August 2022
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2021, 12:59 pm