LIFE AT IMC AS 2022 GRADUATE TRADER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading - Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
YOUR ROLE AS A GRADUATE TRADER
As a graduate trader you will:
- Develop, maintain, and improve trading models, algorithms, and systems
- Trade a range of financial instruments (in a highly automated way)
- Manage the execution and risk of complex trading portfolios
- Research new market opportunities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our developers and engineers to understand and improve technical infrastructure
A few reasons why this is your future job
- Real-time connection to the world economy, and gain knowledge to act on it
- Your decisions have a direct impact on the company’s trading profits
- Creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognized and rewarded
- You will have the freedom to find your niche and excel
- You love solving complex problems
What your traineeship is all about?
- A global training program that focuses on enhancing your knowledge of trading, programming and mathematics
- Combination of in-house courses and trading simulations, designed by experienced traders and engineers
- During your first 7 weeks, you’ll be trained as part of a global cohort across two of our offices. Following your global Trading Academy, you’ll then have 7-9 weeks of local training
- You’ll be paired with a mentor who’ll help you get up to speed and set-up for success
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
Great relationships are based on an exchange, the give and the get. Here we get straight to the point:
The Give – what you’ll need to bring
- Bachelor or Masters in Science, Engineering, Maths, Statistics, Actuaries, Finance or Economics with a minimum Distinction average, or equivalent
- A love for solving problems & a flair for numerical analysis
- A competitive drive to win as a team and to be the best at what we do
- Resilience to stay focused when things don't go your way
- Comfortable making decisions under uncertainty, and remain focused under pressure
- Interest in financial markets is a must, no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Willingness to be a team player, at IMC we’re in it together.
IMC trades a wide range of financial instruments, in different ways. Therefore, we look for different types of traders:
Quantitative Trader: You grasp quantitative concepts quickly, and love solving complex problems. you want to understand the details & being mathematically creative with your solutions.
Market Maker: You love puzzles and problem-solving. You grasp concepts quickly and feel comfortable making decisions even when you don’t have all the details.
Positional Trader: You have a passion for financial markets, trading & winning. You have strong communication skills, take calculated risks, and remain calm under pressure.
Based on your background your recruitment process will vary between roles. Once you start on the Traineeship your strengths will determine the desk & role you take on as a Graduate Trader.
The Get – what we’ll give you
- $175,000 in your first year as a Graduate (Salary $100,000 + Sign on bonus $25,000 + First year bonus $50,000)
- Real projects – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
- Responsibility – this isn’t a practice run, you’ll make a real impact
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool offices with great people
- The chance to travel – we’re global, you will be too
- You will start in either February or August 2022
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2021, 12:59 pm