LIFE AT IMC AS 2022/23 HARDWARE ENGINEER SUMMER INTERN
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
HARDWARE ENGINEERING AT IMC
At IMC, we are performing some of the fastest trades in the world. Key to that performance is our proprietary hardware and the software that communicates with it. As a business, we continually innovate new solutions to remain competitive in a dynamic financial landscape. If the challenge of using the latest technology to solve problems sounds appealing, then the IMC internship is a great fit for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- From day one, you are immersed in real projects, complex problem solving, and opportunities to learn from our strongest engineers and traders.
- Learn what it means to be an engineer in a real-world environment.
- Develop your knowledge of algorithm complexity, professional design and writing fluent code with our state-of-the-art technology.
- Learn both hardware and software development skills.
- Work with cutting edge FPGA technology.
- Develop with C++ and SystemVerilog programming languages.
- Enhance your knowledge of our business model andabout high-frequency trading.
- Build key relationships across our trading and technology teams.
- Work collaboratively in an environment where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded.
- Have the opportunity to secure a full-time role with IMC once you graduate.
As a Hardware Engineer Intern at IMC, you will be supported by a mentor who will oversee your projects and professional development. You will also have access to pair programming and code reviews.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- $125,000 pro rated salary with benefits.
- Flights and accommodation if you are relocating to Sydney for the opportunity.
- 10-week structured learning and professional development program.
- An environment where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded.
- A vibrant office with weekly social activities, regular team events and an annual company trip.
- Intensive support from your mentor in addition to that of our talented employees within and outside your team.
- A fully-stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- An academic background in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Commenced your penultimate year of study.
- Proficient experience in SystemVerilog, Verilog or VHDL.
- Knowledge of C, C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of logic design.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:31st May 2022, 1:59 pm