2022/2023 Trader Summer Intern
LIFE AT IMC AS 2022/23 TRADER SUMMER INTERN
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
TRADING AT IMC
IMC is a fast, dynamic environment where you’re trusted to make decisions, even as an Intern. We trade different financial instruments in different ways, each of which requires different strengths:
Market Maker: Our Market Makers are highly skilled with mathematics and love problem-solving. Working closely with our technologists, they develop algorithms and execute trades through our world-class proprietary trading software. They’re comfortable with decision-making and adapting to changes rapidly.
Quantitative Trader: Our Quant Traders perform in-depth analysis to creatively interpret data, develop strategies and identify opportunities in the market. Where our Market Makers are the speed demons, our Quant Traders work on longer-term projects spanning large data sets.
Positional Trader: Our Positional Traders have a passion for financial markets and an appetite for risk. Entrepreneurially-minded, they explore new strategies and make decisions based on their knowledge.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- From day one, you are immersed in real projects, complex problem solving and opportunities to learn from our strongest Traders and Engineers.
- See what it is like to be a Trader at IMC; develop your trading skills and strategies with our in-house trading simulation.
- Learn about the trading industry and market-making.
- Work collaboratively in an environment where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded.
- Be supported by a mentor who will oversee your progress and professional development.
- Have the opportunity to secure a full-time role with IMC once you graduate.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- $125,000 pro rated salary with benefits.
- Flights and accommodation if you are relocating to Sydney for the opportunity.
- 10-week structured learning and professional development program.
- Intensive support from your mentor in addition to that of our talented employees within and outside your team.
- An environment where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded.
- A vibrant office with weekly social activities, regular team events and an annual company trip.
- A fully-stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- An academic background in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuaries, Finance or Economics with a minimum Distinction average, or equivalent.
- Commenced your penultimate year of study.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems.
- The ability to make decisions in uncertainty and remain focused under pressure.
- A genuine passion for financial markets (no prior knowledge or experience is required).
- The ability to commence in November 2023.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Actuarial Studies, Banking and Finance, Computer...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:31st May 2022, 4:24 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.