WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC is a global proprietary trading firm, looking for a young, talented, ambitious, curious, and individual to join a growing research team covering Asia Pacific listed equities and equity/index derivatives. The junior analyst will assist the senior analyst in conducting both qualitative and quantitative single stock and macro analysis.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Staying on top of daily news including global geopolitical, regulatory and corporate news
- Identifying and monitoring upcoming catalysts
- Conducting bottom up research on APAC equities and derivatives
- Identifying anomalies and mis-pricing in the market
- Discovery and monitoring of special situations
- Back-testing statistical arbitrage and quantitative strategies
You’ll likely bring:
- 1-3 years’ experience in the Finance industry (preferably analyst/sales/IR experience)
- Fluency in written and spoken Chinese (preferably Cantonese)
- Passion for trading/markets
- High academic achievement HK/Chinese stocks experience a plus
- Dividends/Corporate Actions experience a plus
- CFA charter/candidacy a plus
- Python skills a plus
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2020, 12:59 pm