Graduate Hardware Engineer 2023/2024
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
HARDWARE ENGINEERING AT IMC
At IMC, we are performing some of the fastest trades in the world. Key to that performance is our proprietary hardware and the software that communicates with it. As a business, we continually innovate new solutions to remain competitive in a dynamic financial landscape. If the challenge of using the latest technology to solve problems sounds appealing, then the IMC Hardware Engineering Graduate Program is a great fit for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Start with a two-week international traineeship in one of our global offices, becoming familiar with the different areas of our business while being trained by the world’s best engineers and traders.
- From day one, you are immersed in real projects, complex problem-solving, and opportunities to learn from our strongest engineers and traders.
- Learn what it means to be an engineer in a real-world environment.
- Develop your knowledge of algorithm complexity, professional design and writing fluent code with our state-of-the-art technology.
- Learn both hardware and software development skills.
- Work with cutting-edge FPGA technology.
- Develop with C++ and SystemVerilog programming languages.
- Enhance your knowledge of our business model and learn about high-frequency trading.
- Build key relationships across our trading and technology teams.
- Work collaboratively in an environment where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded.
- Be supported by a mentor specifically chosen to work with you and guide you through each step of your traineeship project and onboarding process.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Support from a mentor specifically chosen to work with you and guide you through each step of your traineeship and onboarding process.
- Structured training, coaching and professional development opportunities.
- An environment where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded.
- The chance to travel the world and work in our offices across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
- An inspiring and vibrant work environment in the new Quay Quarter Towers overlooking Sydney Harbour—recently named “the world’s best building.”
- Weekly social activities, regular team events and an annual company getaway.
- In-house chef providing breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- In-house barista providing tea, coffee and refreshments.
- Complimentary weekly fitness classes and subsidised health and wellbeing programs.
- Paid volunteer leave to give back to causes that are important to you.
- Generous relocation package if you’re not from Sydney.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- An academic background in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, with a minimum Distinction average, or equivalent.
- Desire to work with FPGA technology.
- Proficient experience in SystemVerilog, Verilog or VHDL.
- Knowledge of C, C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of logic design.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:Australian Working Visa, Australian Student...
- Closing Date:13th Apr 2023, 1:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.