SYSTEMS ENGINEERING AT IMC
Are you passionate about technology? Do you enjoy the process of problem-solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
At IMC, our Systems Engineers are responsible for maintaining a robust, best in class, extremely low latency Linux trading environment. Getting the right balance of speed and quality is crucial to what they do. Utilising and developing a wide range of tools, Systems Engineers look to automate all aspects of the platform.
YOUR ROLE AS A GRADUATE SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER:
During your time as a Graduate you will:
- Focus on enhancing your knowledge and ability to operate a wide range of tools, using a combination of in-house courses and trading simulations designed by experienced traders and engineers
- Understand how trading systems work, so you can support IMC’s day-to-day trading activities
- Learn how automation, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery works at IMC, allowing us to deploy everything – hardware, software, solutions – rapidly and repeatably
- Be assigned a mentor from our pool of seasoned systems engineers
- Collaborate with traders, quants and other engineers to bring our trading strategies and platform to the next level
- Have continuous opportunities to learn new technologies and programming languages in our dynamic environment
- Develop, maintain, and improve the management of hardware and software systems at scale
What Makes it fun?
- One of the most fun aspects of the job is that we have a very quick feedback loop. We release early and often to get incremental benefits as they are developed
- We operate at the bleeding edge of technology. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will actively invest in developing and utilising the solution
- We believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different offices. Much of our technology stack is shared between all 3 regions, and we provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where it has the biggest impact.
- To get the best results we encourage everybody to gain an understanding of both the trading strategy and how exchanges work on a technological level
- Working at IMC is also an opportunity to learn about financial markets. We know from experience that a lot of people enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others
- We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach.
At IMC, we foster a supportive environment that allows you the freedom to contribute and assume real responsibility, even on day one.
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
Great relationships are based on an exchange - the give and the get. Here we get straight to the point;
The Give – what you’ll need to bring
- Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or a related field of study with an overall mark of at least a Distinction average, or equivalent
- Experience working with Linux operating systems
- Interest in deploying, running and monitoring applications. Knowledge of Docker or other DevOps tools a plus!
- Experience with Python and/or Bash scripting
- DevOps focused mindset with a comprehensive view of technology environments
- Broad experience across Mongo, MySQL, Java, networking, and Puppet is beneficial but not a prerequisite.
- Willingness to interact and work closely with Traders and Engineers in a constantly changing environment.
The Get – what we’ll give you
- Competitive Salary
- Real projects – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
- Responsibility – this isn’t a practice run, you’ll make a real impact
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool offices with great people
- The chance to travel – we’re global, you will be too
- You will start in either February or August 2022
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software, Information...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:15th Dec 2021, 12:59 pm