WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
YOUR ROLE AS A GRADUATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
As a graduate software engineer you will:
- Develop cutting edge technology in software, hardware, advanced networks, and algorithms
- Spot new opportunities and solve problems
- Help to further build our trading platform and software stack while building experience within the entire software development lifecycle
- Partner with traders, quants and engineers around the globe to improve our systems.
A few reasons why this is your future job
- Agile software development with continuous integration and daily releases
- Frequent peer code reviews
- Collaborative cross-functional culture with emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation
- Local autonomy with global input and best practices.
What your traineeship is all about?
- It is a Global training program that focuses on enhancing your knowledge of trading, programming and our software stack
- Global 6-week program held in two of our offices
- After the traineeship finishes, you will be paired with a seasoned software engineer who’ll help you get up to speed and set-up for success.
WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER
Great relationships are based on an exchange, the give and the get. Here we get straight to the point;
The Give – what you’ll need to bring
- Academic background in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field of study
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures Proficient experience in a programming language (Java preferred)
- Interest in financial markets is a must, no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Willingness to interact and work closely with non-engineers in a constantly changing environment.
The Get – what we’ll give you
- Real projects – at IMC we get straight into it, real work from day one
- Responsibility – this isn’t a practice run, you’ll make a real impact
- The support to succeed – training programs, mentors
- Fun work environment – social activities, cool offices with great people The chance to travel – we’re global, you will be too.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Actuary, Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Chemical...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:10th Mar 2020, 6:05 am