Graduate Software Engineer 2023/2024
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AT IMC
Are you passionate about challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy innovative problem-solving? Are you driven by curiosity and a desire to learn?
At IMC, Software Engineers don’t just write code and design technology. They are responsible for spotting new opportunities, developing new technologies and solving problems. Our software makes millions of trading decisions daily in some of the most competitive markets across the globe, and we win by making smarter and faster decisions than our competition. Our Software Engineers deliver results and make a difference.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Start with a five-week international traineeship in one of our global offices, becoming familiar with the different areas of our business while being trained by the world’s best engineers and traders.
- Focus on enhancing your knowledge of development cycles, programming and technologies, with a combination of in-house courses and trading simulations.
- Collaborate with traders and other engineers to bring our trading strategies and platform to the next level.
- Have continuous opportunities to learn new technologies and programming languages in our dynamic environment.
- Develop, maintain and improve trading models, algorithms and systems.
- Assume real responsibility from day one and make decisions that directly impact company profits.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Support from a mentor specifically chosen to work with you and guide you through each step of your traineeship and onboarding process.
- Structured training, coaching and professional development opportunities.
- An environment where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded.
- The chance to travel the world and work in our offices across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
- An inspiring and vibrant work environment in the new Quay Quarter Towers overlooking Sydney Harbour—recently named “the world’s best building.”
- Weekly social activities, regular team events and an annual company getaway.
- In-house chef providing breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- In-house barista providing tea, coffee and refreshments.
- Complimentary weekly fitness classes and subsidised health and wellbeing programs.
- Paid volunteer leave to give back to causes that are important to you.
- Generous relocation package if you’re not from Sydney.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- An academic background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study with a minimum Distinction average, or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to solve complicated problems programmatically.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Proficient experience in a programming language (Java or C++ preferred).
- Willingness to interact and work closely with Traders and Engineers in a fast-paced and constantly-changing environment.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Actuarial Studies, Banking and Finance, Computer...
- Work rights:Australian Working Visa, Australian Student...
- Closing Date:14th Mar 2023, 5:55 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.