IMEC provide top tier engineering support to our global client base in mining & minerals industry sectors. We offer our clients full EPCM services through the combination of our teams international site experience & engineering expertise with our customer centric approach to continually deliver on our clients project expectations.
We currently work with clients across Australia, SE Asia, UK, Europe and Africa, with our main functions being based out of Perth and Europe.
We have a deep understanding of our clients needs, nurture excellent relationships both internally and with our suppliers, have a strong focus on innovative solutions and hold ourselves to the highest degree of excellence in all that we do. We are determined to recruit a candidate who is aligned with our values and is motivated to thrive in the position by becoming a strong team player within the IMEC team.
As a Junior/Graduate Structural Engineer, you will be a key member of our high-performance Structural Team assisting in delivering infrastructure projects within the mining sector, working on a full time basis at our West Perth office.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Principal Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking structural design, documentation and construction support work on engineering projects through all project phases. You will provide input and engineering support to the inhouse Design Drafting Team. Your skills will support the wider IMEC team on our global projects and your technical knowledge will be enhanced through a diverse range of tasks. This is a role where you can genuinely make a contribution to the organisation, and to your career progression.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelors Degree in Structural Engineering
- Ability to incorporate technical standards/specifications into designs
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- High level of attention to detail
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Standards
- Experience with SpaceGass, Strand 7 or similar structural analysis software packages will be highly regarded
- Enthusiasm, drive and a great attitude!
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills
- Passion for learning
What you'll get in return
- Opportunity to work on challenging global engineering projects
- Guidance & support from a team of experienced engineers
- Exposure to the latest design technology & software
- Competitive salary
- Continual professional development opportunities through training
- Be part of a growing team & global engineering company, with defined career progression in place
- Health & Wellness initiative, birthday leave & supplied fresh fruit
Why Join the IMEC Team?
The IMEC team is a close knit group, who work together as a united front. Our small yet cohesive squad know what it’s like to pool ideas and dig in to get the job done. We value the important role that technology plays in supporting our engineers to perform at their best and as such we have invested in the latest design software. The successful candidate will benefit from the wide range of projects we are involved with, including global, varied, and unique ventures delivered to IMEC’s ISO 9001 accreditation standards.
We invest in our people which is why we have fostered a culture at IMEC that delivers client outcomes by encouraging and developing the team’s skills & individual career goals.
Along with regular social events, an energetic office-based team, close to public transport, and the opportunity to work directly with chartered engineers on a daily basis, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
How to Apply
If this role sounds like it could be a good fit for you, click ‘Apply’ and make sure to submit a covering letter along with your resume. We really look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest in joining the IMEC team!
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:29th Jun 2022, 1:59 pm