Inhabit is a specialist consultancy that focuses on the design and advancement of the built environment. We are committed to making a positive impact on a global scale with human experience central to our work. Our solutions-based approach provides Inhabit opportunities to work as creative design partners of Australia’s leading designers in Architecture, Engineering, Fabrication and Remedial fields, from concept to completion. Our specialist disciplines include facade design, sustainability, acoustics, audio-visual and architectural lighting.
Inhabit has a culture that provides progressive thinkers with accelerated opportunities to learn and directly impact the way we innovate. Our multidisciplinary approach is the foundation on which we develop solutions for the unique challenges that are presented to us.
Our office in Perth is undertaking new projects with some of Perth’s most prestigious and well-respected architecture firms and clients. Due to continued growth, a fantastic and unique opportunity exists for a highly motivated entry level or experienced graduate in structural and/or facade engineering to join our Perth Office and be part of a dynamic company with a great culture!
Facade engineering is a highly specialised area of structural engineering, and a high demand role and growing discipline within Perth and the building industry. As a facade engineer, you will primarily be involved in the design of building envelopes and facade systems, involving complex and bespoke designs using alternative materials compared to traditional structural engineering. You will be working closely with Architects, consultant teams and builders to deliver facade systems and designs to meet the Architectural vision and aesthetic desires, whilst providing a high level of performance for all aspects including structural, water-tightness and thermal considerations.
This role will suit a highly organised, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a continuous improvement mindset and an eagerness to learn new materials and methods from mentors and leaders in this specialist field, ideally (but not necessary) with some experience in a professional role as a structural engineer or knowledge of facade systems and materials such as glass and aluminum.
The role will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake the design, engineering and documentation including detailed engineering calculations, analysis, drawings and specifications for facade and build-ability consultancy
- Review contractor submissions; shop drawings and calculations
- Liaise and coordinate with the design/project team and other disciplines within Inhabit as required
- Facade engineering design and buildability consultancy, including material knowledge and installation techniques
- Assist in preparing tender submissions
- Build and maintain relationships with clients on projects and develop contacts within the facade industry
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Civil/Structures) - attach Full Transcript with CV or Cover Letter
- Entry level or experienced graduate in structural and/or facade engineering
- A strong and committed interest in structural engineering and facade design
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Proactive, positive attitude, dedicated with a passion for detail
- Proficient in MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel and PDF in particular)
What We Offer
- A wide variety of technically interesting projects across Australia
- Excellent mentorship and career progression opportunities with future global career prospects
- Be rewarded for your enthusiasm, commitment, dedication and loyalty
- Company Paid Parental leave and Purchased leave
- An Employee Assistance Program available to staff, family and household members
- Staff events
- Friday casual clothes day
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply directly through our careers website here https://smrtr.io/5LTgH. Applications not submitted directly through our careers website may not be considered for the position. Please upload your cover letter and CV and any other documents that you think will set you apart.
The salary will be based on competitive market rates commensurate with your skills and experience.
We will be excited to meet with you if your skills and experience are aligned with ours.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants expected; only short-listed candidates can be contacted. We thank you for your interest in joining Inhabit.
Inhabit is a part of the Egis group of companies. To learn more visit https://inhabitgroup.com/an-egis-company/
Please no agencies.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:15th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm