Graduate Advisor – Strategy, Risk & Operations
The Insurance Council of Australia (‘ICA’) is the representative body of the general insurance industry in Australia. Our members represent approximately 95 per cent of total premium income written by private sector general insurers. Insurance Council members, both insurers and reinsurers, are a significant part of our financial services system.
Our purpose is to be the ‘voice for a resilient Australia’ and we aim to expertly influence the political, social, business, and economic environment to promote our members' roles in providing insurance protection and security to the community.
About the role
Working within a wider project team, this role will see you use your research skills to support the ICA work on developing resilience programs in a range of segments.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Finding and summarising academic articles and research materials relevant to resilience and the National Construction Code;
- Facilitating conversations and engagement of ICA’s members on the meaning of resilience;
- Identification and development of evidence-based research and collateral supporting ICA’s submission for the advancement of resilience in the National Construction Code and in Australian Standards; and
- Developing content and collateral to support information sharing internally and externally.
This is a full-time role for a fixed six-month period.
- We recognise that this is a graduate role, and you may not have corporate experience. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and ready to collaborate as part of a project team. In your application you will be able to demonstrate your:
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to grasp and analyse new concepts quickly.
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to quickly build effective relationships across all levels of an organisation.
- A recent qualification in Engineering, Economics (Agriculture) or Law and an interest in the built environment or building codes.
To apply for this role, email a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the five keys about you points above to [email protected]
For a confidential conversation, please email [email protected] to set up a time.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Economics, Engineering, Environment, Law
- Work rights:
Australian Skilled Migration Visa (485),...
- Level 4, 56 Pitt Street SydneyLocations:
- Closing Date:20th Aug 2021, 7:00 am