Graduate Policy Advisor; Regulations
The Insurance Council of Australia (‘ICA’) is the representative body of the general insurance industry in Australia. Our members represent approximately 95 per cent of total premium income written by private sector general insurers. Insurance Council members, both insurers and reinsurers, are a significant part of our financial services system.
Our purpose is to be the ‘voice for a resilient Australia’ and we aim to expertly influence the political, social, business, and economic environment to promote our members' roles in providing insurance protection and security to the community.
About the role
This role will see you use your research, superior written, and organisation skills to contribute to the development and implementation of policy, regulation and guidelines on key issues faced by the General Insurance industry. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Engaging with our external stakeholders to understand and analyse complex information and achieve consensus of views to draft influential responses, and submissions.
- Assisting in preparing inquiries responses, submissions and issues briefing documents, including undertaking the relevant research.
- Supporting Senior Policy Advisors to coordinate and support our committees and working groups.
We recognise that this is a graduate role, and you may not have corporate experience. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn and cement the fundamentals of policy development. You will be able to demonstrate your:
- Super influential written and communication skills.
- Ability to grasp and analyse new concepts quicky.
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to quicky build effective relationships across all levels of an organisation.
- A recent qualification and interest in policy, politics, finance or economics.
To apply for this role, email a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the five key about you points above to [email protected]
For a confidential conversation, please email [email protected] to set up a time.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Economics, Government, Law
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Level 4, 56 Pitt Street SydneyLocations:
- Closing Date:13th Aug 2021, 1:59 pm