The Insurance Council of Australia (‘ICA’) is the representative body of the general insurance industry in Australia. Our members represent approximately 95 per cent of total premium income written by private sector general insurers. Insurance Council members, both insurers and reinsurers, are a significant part of our financial services system.
Our purpose is to be the ‘voice for a resilient Australia’ and we aim to expertly influence the political, social, business, and economic environment to promote our members' roles in providing insurance protection and security to the community.
About the role
This part-time role works closely with the CIO and Data Engineer to facilitate the delivery of Business Intelligence reporting across the ICA. Working as part of our data team, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Assisting in the delivery of comprehensive reporting and analysis of key data assets to internal and external stakeholders as required;
- Assist in the preparation and management of reporting and analysis of Declared Catastrophes; and
- Working with the Data Engineer towards the development of the ICA’s Data Warehouse and self-service portal.
This role would suit someone who has recently or is completing a tertiary qualification in IT, Mathematics or Actuarial studies. We recognise that as a recent or impending graduate you may have limited work experience.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and eager to put theory into practice. Your application will address the following essential criteria:
- Previous exposure to online BI Tools, such as PowerBI, Tableau or Qlikview;
- Ability to analyse data assets and identify key trends, priorities and reporting required;
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills; and
- Ability to quickly build relationships across the organisation.
To apply for this role, email a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the four keys about you points above to [email protected]
For a confidential conversation, please email [email protected] to set up a time.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Actuary, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Skilled...
- Level 4, 56 Pitt Street SydneyLocations:
- Closing Date:31st Aug 2021, 7:00 am