About the Insurance Council of Australia
The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) is the representative body of the general insurance industry in Australia. Our members represent approximately 95 per cent of total premium income written by private sector general insurers. Insurance Council members, both insurers and reinsurers, are a significant part of the financial services system.
Our work with our members, consumer groups and all levels of government serves to support consumers and communities when they need it most. We believe an insurable Australia is a resilient Australia – and it’s our purpose to be the voice for a resilient Australia. We believe in shaping positive outcomes for our members, our people, and the community.
About this role
Climate change is worsening extreme weather events with implications for the affordability and availability of insurance in Australia. The ICA is tackling the climate challenge by enabling the general insurance industry to transition to net zero, advocating for improved resilience in the built environment and assisting communities to build back better in the wake of disasters.
This entry-level role will support the climate action work of the ICA, focusing on work related to net zero and the implications of worsening extreme weather.
- Stay up to date with relevant technical and policy developments relevant to net zero, climate finance and climate science both globally and domestically.
- Undertake reviews of relevant literature, summarising key themes and concepts, including identifying key risks and translating this research into summaries to assist ICA members.
- Assist with engagement and support of ICA members and other relevant stakeholders
- Assist with the coordination of virtual and physical events for key stakeholders
- Tertiary qualification in business, commerce, science, government relations, environmental studies or law.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to synthesis secondary research into succinct analysis
- Collaboration and team player
- Confidence in writing for a range of purposes and audiences, from preparing briefings notes to developing slides.
- Confidence in assisting with stakeholder engagement
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Government, Law, Science
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Working...
- Closing Date:8th Jul 2022, 9:00 am