Netlogyx is based on the amazing Gold Coast which offers an unmatched work life balance and lifestyle. Close to beaches, the hinterland, theme-parks and nightlife it is and ideal place to live for everyone.
A rare opportunity has presented itself for a suitably qualified, motivated, IT service professional with a passion for all things IT and a can-do-attitude, to join this well-established Gold Coast IT company.
Since 2001, Netlogyx has been supporting a wide variety of clients and computer networks on the Gold Coast and surrounds from Brisbane to Ballina as well as some multinationals. The team are like a family and business aims to cultivate an inclusive and progressive culture with a particular focus on training and personal development. Netlogyx clients’ value and trust up-to-date expertise, integrity and quality of service which are mirrored in the values of our management and team members.
This is an interesting and varied role assisting clients and supporting a variety of IT devices and networks. Your role will include:
- Communicating with clients effectively via telephone, face-to-face and email.
- Diagnosis & resolution of all IT issues either remotely, in-house or on-site.
- Collaborating and working with management and sales teams to develop suitable client solutions.
- Configuring, installing, troubleshooting and maintaining workstations, servers, networks, routers, switches, modems and WiFi devices.
- Keeping accurate records of all time spent, advice provided, actions taken and work done for each client.
- Occasional outside hours support.
What we are looking for
- Recent Graduate with formal university qualifications in the IT field.
- Top performer with above average GPA.
- A current and valid driver’s license.
- Permanent work rights (Australian/New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident).
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- An aptitude for problem solving and thinking outside the box.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Team focus, passion for all things IT and a can-do attitude.
System knowledge and experience
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer).
- Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS operating systems.
- Cisco Networking Software.
- MS Office 365.
- Windows Server 2003-2019.
- HyperV/vSphere virtualisation.
- MS Exchange and Exchange online.
- Active Directory.
- Group Policy in LAN and WAN Network topologies.
- Remote monitoring & management tool (RMM).
- Hardware, printers and peripherals.
- ConnectWise Manage and Automate.
- Cisco: Meraki, Umbrella, Amp, MDM.
- Office 365, SharePoint.
- Sophos, WebRoot, SentinelOne.
- Apple and Android mobile products.
- Experience in supporting core Corporate Systems, LAN/WAN platforms, Relocated DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, POE.
What’s on offer
The right person will be offered an attractive base and incentives package commensurate to and dependent on qualifications, experience and meeting KPI.
Please apply with a tailored cover letter outlining your salary expectation and referring only to those skills and qualifications that we have specified in the advertisement. Only applicants that provide a cover letter and respond to the application screening questionnaire will be considered.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:24th May 2021, 1:59 pm