ISS is a global facility management company with over 510,000 employees throughout 52 countries. We are seeking value oriented people to join our local team of 13,500 working HERO's. ISS service a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation & Transport, Healthcare, Education and Commercial.
At ISS, we ensure our employees have a safe work environment and are engaged and motivated to provide the best possible service to our customers, and welcome you to join us on our journey in
"Connecting people and places to make the world work better"
We are currently offering an 18-month intensive Global Management Trainee Programme to recently graduated university students with leadership potential and a commercial mindset. Successful applicants will join our new pipeline of managers across the world who will lead the transformation of ISS from single service supplier to a provider of integrated facility service solutions.
As part of the programme, you will receive a thorough introduction to the ISS business gaining insights into the organisation at national, regional and global levels. You will also be exploring customer needs at strategic, tactical and operational levels and develop a sound understanding of the key business tools to meet our customer challenges.
It is imperative that you have an ability, travel rights and willingness to relocate to any capital city within Australia or within the Asia Pacific Region.
The process for successfully shortlisted candidates based on close review of your CV and the quality of cover letter response to the key selection criteria is outlined below:
- Virtual information session to explain the GMT Programme structure (Q&A will also be available) to held on the Tuesday July 20th 2021;
- Individual interviews between July 26th – 30th , 2021;
- Final shortlisted candidates will also be required to attend a virtual panel interview by ISS Executive Leadership mid August
The position duties will include but are not limited to:
- Take accountability for self-development throughout the program, ensuring milestones are hit as per the training schedule.
- Ensure work is completed to a high standard and client confidentiality is maintained.
- Ensure customer service is maintained and high level of stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in the day to day operations of the site or facility ensuring KPI’s are met.
- Assist in the production of safety packs and H&S documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of P&L reports both at an account and finance level.
- Assist in the provision of HR support.
- Assist in managing, empowering and developing the operational team on site.
- Assist in the daily management of resources on site including labour, training, chemicals, consumables, equipment, equipment maintenance and repair, materials and uniforms.
- Assist in department expenditure and such records to predict department personnel requirements.
- Actively seek opportunities to enhance ISS processes and implementation ideas for ongoing improvement of the ISS Business Management System.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification or working towards such qualification in Business, Commerce or other related Facilities Management field
- One page cover letter responding to the following selection criteria (see below)
- High level time management and organisational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving sills
- Ability to deal with multiple issues, pressures and deadlines concurrently
- Communication, time management and organisational skills
- Intermediate skills in the Microsoft office suite
- Strong customer liaison focus
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relocate for this GMT position to another capital city within Australia
- Mobility within Australia & APAC region is essential (particularly for post-programme ongoing employment with ISS)
- Current holder or willing to obtain a passport
- Desirable – minimum 1-3 years work experience
Key selection criteria to address in 1 page cover letter
- Customer Focus – ability to building strong internal and external customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Collaboration – building partnerships and working collaboratively with others inside and outside the organisation to meet shared objectives
- Self-awareness – provide insight into your personal strengths and weaknesses
- Education Qualification – clearly outline what qualification you received, when you received it and summarise, in brief, your key learnings during this experience
Interviews will take place on an on-going basis. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website: http://www.au.issworld.com/our-people/Careers
If you have any additional enquiries regarding the application process of the programme, please contact Ellie Messina, People & Culture Advisor – [email protected]
Before you leave, click on following link to see our inspiring ISS Tribute Video and be sure to follow the Trainee Programme on Instagram under the account: TRAINEES_ISSWORLD or using the #ISSTRAINEE
We hope you enjoy your recruitment experience and we look forward to having you on board!
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTQI+) people. Read about our
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Operations, Property
- Work rights:
- Level 1 / 7 Terrace Place, Murarrie QLD 4172Locations:
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:2nd Jul 2021, 12:59 pm