At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
We’re seeking a Cadet or Entry Level Overhead Wiring Drafter to join our Melbourne Rail team. You'll support the technical delivery of Transport projects within Melbourne and across Australia. Under the guidance and mentorship of our senior designers you’ll develop the skills to forge a successful career in the Consulting Engineering industry, including:
- OHW drawings – 2D Cross sections
- 3D modelling OHW system inc overhead wiring equipment’s, Cont and Cat wires
- Setting up sheets and reference files
- Setting up files with interface disciplines for clash detection
Here’s What You’ll Need:
This position is suitable for students enrolled in or who have completed a relevant qualification at TAFE (Certificate III/IV CAD/Drafting or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering).
- An interest in or aptitude for drafting/engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work within a small team
- This is a unique role that requires applicants hold Australian work rights. Bring your curiosity, collaborative spirit and strong attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfil what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. Partnering with clients to deliver innovative scientific, technical, professional and program-management solutions, we’re creating thriving cities, resilient environments, multi-purpose and smart infrastructure for all.
Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Having the right blend of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations.
To be considered for this role, please apply via the link and attach your CV, Cover Letter, proof of Australian working rights (e.g. passport) and academic transcript to your application.
- Job type:Cadetships
Construction, Design and User Experience, Engineering,...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:24th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm