Imagine the Possibilities
Ideas can come from anywhere, that’s why we want you to join our Graduate Program!
At Jacobs, our focus on building long-term client relationships has helped us become one of the largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and scientific services including engineering, architecture, construction, operations and project management. Our portfolio spans industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets in over 230 locations around the world.
As part of the Jacobs Graduate Program, you will work on real projects, bids and tenders from the get-go. Gaining valuable experience to build on your theoretical knowledge, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a range of experts and industry leaders to help guide, mentor and shape your career.
Jacobs Graduates are well supported with professional and personal development programs in place to ensure you have the opportunity to be the best you can be. You will be part of the Jacobs Careers Network which is a global program dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages. The employee-led network helps members see the opportunities available at Jacobs, feel connected to the company and their global colleagues, gain exposure to leaders, and helps you to shape and fulfil your career aspirations.
About the Opportunity: Graduate Bridge Engineer - Christchurch
Jacobs plays a key role in the development and renewal of New Zealand’s Transport Infrastructure network with specialist engineering design and delivery teams in all regional centres. Jacobs capability extends to Roads & Highways, Bridges, Tunnelling, Rail, Aviation, Maritime & Ports, Geotechnical Engineering, Traffic & Transport Planning (including ITS), Economic Modelling & Studies and Project Management.
We have an opportunity based in our Christchurch office for a fresh graduate or early career professional as a Bridge Engineer. Your role is to provide technical and professional inputs under professional supervision in relation to design and engineering services for bridges and associated structures on civil and structural engineering projects. Some of your duties will include:
- Delivering a wide range of structural engineering elements for transport infrastructure and general civil engineering projects
- Design and analysis / modelling of bridges and civil structures on transportation / civil projects
- Supporting the Transport Structures Lead and other Transport Structures team members as and when required
Please note, for this position you may be required to travel both within New Zealand and internationally.
At Jacobs we value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees.
To support your professional growth, Jacobs’ flexible working arrangements, extended leave options and a host of social, health and wellbeing events and initiatives will underpin our commitment to you.
The successful candidate will:
- Have completed a degree in Civil/Structural Engineering OR be due to complete a degree by the end of 2019
- Be technically inquisitive
- Have the ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ask questions and challenge the norm
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a New Zealand permanent resident
Does this sound like you? To become a Graduate at Jacobs, apply today! Please include the following documents so we are able to make an informed decision. Incomplete applications cannot be considered;
- Cover letter – tell us about yourself, and where you see your career developing
- Working rights – Scan / Copy of your Birth Certificate or Passport (VEVO check if applicable)
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Engineering Civil Structural
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
Christchurch (New Zealand)
- Closing Date:4th Oct 2019, 1:59 pm