Unlock your purpose
It’s one thing to dream up new solutions. At Jacobs, we also deliver them.
What drives you drives us as we work to build a better world – together. At Jacobs, every day is an opportunity to make the world better, more connected, more sustainable. We’re powered by more than 50,000 people across the globe who deliver innovative scientific, technical, professional and program-management solutions for public and private clients around the world.
Join our 2021 Graduate Program!
On Jacobs’ Graduate Program you will work on real projects, bids and tenders from the get-go. Gaining valuable experience to build on your theoretical knowledge, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a range of experts and industry leaders to help guide, mentor and shape your career.
Our Graduates are well supported with professional and personal development programs in place to help guide you to be the best you can be. You will be part of the Jacobs Careers Network which is a global program dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages. The employee-led network helps members see the opportunities available at Jacobs, feel connected to the company and their global colleagues, gain exposure to leaders, and helps you to shape and fulfil your career aspirations.
About the Opportunity: Graduate Rail Engineer - Rollingstock (Melbourne)
Jacobs has a very strong current and forthcoming workload of Transport related works in Melbourne and more broadly throughout Australia. Major projects currently on hand across rail include a road/rail grade separation program (the South East Project Alliance), Melbourne Metro Rail Project, the Victorian Rail Infrastructure program including major projects such as the Melbourne Airport Rail Link, Suburban Rail Loop and Fast Trains to Geelong. Jacobs Rail team also work closely with some of the major operators such as Yarra Trams, Metro Trains Melbourne and KiwiRail.
We are seeking a Graduate Rail Rollingstock Engineer at entry level (or with industry experience 1-3 years a benefit), to join our team to work on one of these major transport projects or our core business projects. This role may involve all stages of design work in transport projects, from feasibility and concept through to detailed design and construction phase services. In the role you will work collaboratively with other members of the Transport (rail, civil, geotechnical and structures) engineering sections as well as the wider business.
Specifically your duties working as a Graduate Rail Rollingstock Engineer will include:
- Rollingstock Electrical design and advisory services for major rail clients and across for light rail, heavy rail and freight
- Develop, design and facilitate the documentation of Rolling Stock engineering solutions in response to a client’s brief to an industry standard or client’s specifications.
- Preparation of technical reports
- Production of tender documents
- Liaison with clients and contractors
At Jacobs we value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees.
To support your professional growth, Jacobs’ flexible working arrangements, extended leave options and a host of social, health and wellbeing events and initiatives will underpin our commitment to you.
The successful candidate will:
- Have completed your degree by January 2021 (Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related discipline)
- Please note: We are accepting applications for our 2021 graduate intake, as well as graduates with 1-3 years of experience for immediate start
- Be technically inquisitive
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Have the ability to work independently and in a team to learn from another perspective
- Communicate exceptionally well
- Ask questions and challenge the norm
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident
Does this sound like you? To become a Graduate at Jacobs, apply today! Please include the following documents so we are able to make an informed decision. Incomplete applications cannot be considered;
- Cover letter – tell us about yourself, which specific discipline you have a passion for and where you see your career developing
- Academic record
- Working rights – Scan/Copy of your Birth Certificate or Passport (VEVO check if applicable)
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechatronics
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:22nd Mar 2020, 12:59 pm