Imagine the Possibilities
Ideas can come from anywhere that’s why we want you to join our Internship Program!
Jacobs is one of the world’s leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
As part of the Jacobs Internship Program, you will work on real projects, bids and tenders from the get go. Gaining valuable work experience to build on your theoretical knowledge, our program provides you the opportunity to collaborate with a range of experts and industry leaders to help guide, mentor and shape your career.
Internship - Geospatial Information Systems
Gain experience and insight into a career in GIS with our Perth team;
Undertake a range of applied project work including:
- Utilising GIS software and other relevant software
- Design, production and revision of cartographic outputs
- Creation, maintenance and management of spatial data
- Analysing, interpreting and presenting geospatial data
- Using Python to automate project workflows
- Providing GIS support within a range of projects
- Deploying ArcGIS Online applications
- Deploying ArcGIS Collector and other mobile GIS applications
- Introducing innovation and spatial solutions to projects
At Jacobs our employees are highly sought after for their specialist knowledge and experience in a specific discipline, which allows you to build upon a deep understanding of what is possible and push the boundaries in search of ever more innovative solutions for clients. As an Intern at Jacobs you will gain exposure to a range of disciplines, allowing you to build on the specialist knowledge you’ve gained at university.
The successful candidate will:
- Complete your degree in 2018
- Be technically inquisitive
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Have the ability to work independently and in a team to learn from another perspective
- Communicate exceptionally well
- Ask questions and challenge the norm
- Be able to commence on 27 November 2017 and work through to March 2018
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident
Does this sound like you?
To be part of the Jacobs Internship Program this summer, apply today!
Please include the following documents so we are able to make an informed decision. Incomplete applications cannot be considered;
- Cover letter – tell us about yourself & in which specific discipline you have a passion in and where you see your career developing
- Academic Record
- Working rights - Scan/Copy of a Birth Certificate or Passport
Applications close on Friday 27 October 2017
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.