Imagine the Possibilities
Ideas can come from anywhere - that’s why we want you to join our Internship Program!
Jacobs is one of the world’s leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. As part of the Jacobs Internship Program, you will work on real projects, bids and tenders from the get-go. Providing valuable work experience to build on your theoretical knowledge, our program gives you the opportunity to collaborate with a range of experts and industry leaders to help guide, mentor and shape your career.
About the Opportunity: Undergraduate - Data Scientist
Jacobs environmental scientists, engineers and technicians perform a variety of environmental clean-up work for our clients across multiple markets and industries. Our environmental solutions include Environmental Assessment/NEPA, Ecology, Air Quality & Acoustics, Communications & Engagement, Landscape & Heritage and Sustainability and Environmental Management services.
As an intern you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of professionals in a dynamic team environment. You will be developing code in Python / R for machine learning, data engineering to cleanse/blend data sets using code or tools. You will also be exposed to numerical modelling, probability and regression. The successful candidate must have basic IT skills including DB setup in eg. PostGres SQL to assist in supporting the activities previously mentioned.
At Jacobs we value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. To support your professional growth, Jacobs has a host of social, health and wellbeing events and initiatives that will underpin our commitment to you.
As an Intern at Jacobs you will gain exposure to a range of disciplines, allowing you to build on the specialist knowledge you’ve gained at university.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally complete your degree in 2020 (Computer Science, Maths, Statistics or Similar)
- Be technically inquisitive
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Have the ability to work independently and in a team to learn from another perspective
- Communicate exceptionally well
- Ask questions and challenge the norm
- Be able to commence on 18 November 2019 and work through to March 2020
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident
Does this sound like you?
To be part of the Jacobs Internship Program this summer, apply today!
Please include the following documents so we are able to make an informed decision. Incomplete applications cannot be considered;
- Cover letter – tell us about yourself & which specific discipline you have a passion for and where you see your career developing
- Academic Record
- Working rights - Scan/Copy of a Birth Certificate or Passport (Vevo check if applicable)
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:18th Aug 2019, 1:59 pm