Sustainability at Jacobs means ensuring long-term business resilience and success while positively contributing toward the economy, society and the environment.
From the way we operate our business, to the work we perform with clients and other organisations, we continue to look at ways we can make a positive environmental, societal and economic difference for businesses, governments and communities around the world.
A Sustainable Future
Aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), PlanBeyond™ is our approach to sustainability — planning beyond today for a more sustainable future for everyone. We advance innovations that improve energy efﬁciency, resilience, conservation, reuse and reclamation of vital air, land and water resources.
We’re focused on reducing our greenhouse gas emissions and helping our customers integrate low-carbon solutions into their capital projects and operations. Our outstanding environmental performance during FY19 saw no significant environmental incidents in our operations.
Commitment to Sustainability
Our Global Sustainability Commitment Statement sets out our intent to integrate sustainability throughout our business by making it part of our culture. Our commitments are to:
- Positively contribute to our global PlanBeyond goals that were developed in consultation with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Foster a culture of sustainability that promotes economic prosperity, environmental benefit and social value.
- Continue a dialogue with all our stakeholders to raise awareness of sustainability and provide feedback on how we can do better.
- Research and develop innovative methods and applications for enhanced sustainability performance.
- Enable knowledge sharing and capacity-building around sustainability across our enterprise and all our projects.
- Be accountable for delivering our strategy through the sustainability governance structure that reports up to our Board.