Join us at James Hardie Research & Product Development as an Intern!
James Hardie is the global leader in the production of high-performance Fibre Cement and Fibre Gypsum building solutions. We employ a diverse global workforce of approximately 4,900 employees across operations in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
With over a century of industry experience in the production of Fibre cement building solutions, we are passionate about discovering new products and technologies to support market driven growth and continuous improvement. Our goal is to remain at the forefront of the building products industry in every market in which we operate. The foundation of this strategy, and our company identity, is an unwavering commitment to safe people, safe places and safe systems through our Zero Harm initiative.
Our commitment to R&D is seen through our investment in world class laboratories and research facilitates to empower and equip our industry leading Engineers and Scientists and transform the way we build.
About the Program
We are offering the option of a 3-6 months paid internship program which will give you the opportunity to work alongside industry leading experts, follow latest research and work with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
During your program you will:
- Be exposed to the innovation and development of real products and projects putting theory to practice.
- Have an opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team of Engineers and Scientists to support the end-to-end process of the product life cycle from concept design to developing and delivering new test methods, processes and materials to support technology improvement projects
- Participate in factory trials and implementation to upscale the product to the market.
- Receive all necessary support with regular check-ins to review your goals along with structured feedback.
- Present your findings to the team, putting your leadership, communicative and time management skills to the test.
Our program begins in late November 2021.
In our fast-paced and agile environment, we are looking for smart, real and driven individuals with a high propensity for learning and an inquisitive mindset.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are currently in their third year, penultimate or final year of an Engineering or Science Degree
- Are willing to work cross functionally, share and replicate best-practice and maintain a global and continuous improvement mindset
- Possess collaborative qualities and strong verbal and written communication skills to maintain internal and external stakeholder engagement.
- Presents with analytical and methodical thinking when identifying best solutions for complex problems.
- Seeks innovative techniques and thinks outside the box in a rapidly changing environment
- Is Energetic and passionate about Science or Engineering
Please attach the following documents upon your application
- Academic Transcript
- Response to the following question
“What does innovation mean to you and discuss an example of innovation you admire in your chosen field?” (Maximum of 500 words)
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Science
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- 10 Colquhoun St, Rosehill NSW 2142Locations:
New South Wales
- Closing Date:1st Sep 2021, 12:59 pm