We are the world’s largest geotechnical engineering contractor. We have delivered industry leading foundations and ground improvement solutions to the building, construction and mining industries in Australia for over 60 years. People enjoy working for us because of our friendly work environment, our commitment to ongoing development and our recognition of employees' contributions and input. We have a strong focus on Health and Safety and are dedicated to fostering a healthy and safe work environment.
We are seeking a Graduate Engineer or someone with 1-5 years post graduate experience to be part of the Keller Business Design and Engineering team. The role will require someone who is passionate about geotechnical engineering and eager to learn the different dynamics of Engineering, Construction, Geotechnics and Business Development. Reporting to the Estimating Manager in the Western Australia Team located in our office in Como, you will be responsible for collating enquiries and preparing budgets & tender from first principle following the Keller procedures. The role will allow you the opportunity to work in an office environment, but also have the opportunity to work on site as a Site Engineer learning firsthand the multiple geotechnical construction techniques that Keller offer and how to deliver projects. This is a unique opportunity that will provide you with multiple skills and a diversity in your career development.
- Review tender schedules
- Review drawings and geotechnical reports and provide summaries as required
- Review and assess enquiries/tenders ensuring all documents are received and are correct
- Review enquiry documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity etc. and provide feedback to the estimating manager.
- Undertake risk assessments and cost-benefit analysis on tenders
- Prepare budgets and tenders for foundation and ground improvement solutions, working with the design and estimating team to determine the best solutions
- Prepare and carry out foundation and ground improvement designs, following certification inspections through on site.
- Market Keller to existing and new clients
- Establish and maintain a harmonious Client/Customer relationship to secure Projects
- Liaise with Construction Manager and Superintendents on new projects being tendered and on successful projects won
- Provide design support for projects under construction.
- Visit sites for projects under construction to carry out inspections/soil logging/pile testing
- Data entry as required
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Tertiary Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering or associated discipline with Geotechnical Engineering content
- Previous experience in construction industry is desired
- Previous experience in geotechnical design or construction will be favoured
- Ability to show initiative and confidence to work autonomously and as part of a larger team
- Provide problem solving skills in a high pressure environment
- Good understanding of geotechnical and foundations systems
- Good communication skills for liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Requirement to work away from home or work on site, as and when required
- Intermediate to advance in Microsoft office skills
- Basic Auto CAD skills will be looked upon favorably
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Must have a white card
- Flexible work arrangements considered
- Fair employment practices and emphasis on promoting from within
- Focus on learning and development
- Competitive pay, benefits, and performance related incentives
- Potential for international career growth
- Open plan, collaborative working environment
- Free onsite parking
- Ability to drive and implement change
- Paid Parental Leave
- Career growth
How to apply
We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success.
If you are ready to join the Keller Australia Team, please send through the attached completed application form and a copy of your updated CV by hitting the 'apply' button.
Keller Australia is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQI+; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only suitable candidates will be contacted.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:5th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm