We have an exciting opportunity for two Finance Graduates to join our brand-new Finance Graduate Program based at our Sydney offices.
As a leading international law firm headquartered in Asia and recognised as one of the world’s most innovative law firms, King & Wood Mallesons offers a different perspective to commercial thinking and the client experience. With access to a global platform, a team of over 2000 lawyers in 27 locations around the world, we work with clients to help them understand local challenges, navigate through regional complexity, and to find commercial solutions that deliver a competitive advantage for our clients.
About the opportunity
Our newly designed Finance Graduate Program builds on the experience gained from our successful program for legal graduates. The program promotes and supports an integrated approach to learning, where graduates build capability through a range of “formal” and “informal” learning experiences, ranging from day-to-day work activities, through to the more traditional face-to-face learning programs. We will provide a CA/CPA qualified mentor to support you through your professional accounting qualification.
Graduates will gain on the job experience by rotating through the different teams within our Finance Group to provide a strong understanding of the workings of a Finance group. This will include a number of shorter rotations in the operational areas of the Finance group and more substantial exposure to the Financial and Management accounting teams.
During the program you can expect to be involved with:
- Observing and “on the job” learning in relation to all Finance matters including financial accounting, matter accounting, financial planning and analysis, procurement, payroll, treasury, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly reports and reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation and analysis of the financial statements and reports to accurately reflect the group’s financial results.
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly management reports including commentary and variance analysis and assisting in the budget and forecast process.
- Gathering and analysing financial information on cost, pricing, expenses and revenue
- Participating in finance and operational projects
- Attending relevant internal training sessions, team meetings and other firm information sessions
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the finance department and wider firm
- Proactively seeking work from your supervisor and the wider finance team
- Keeping up to date with industry related issues and developments to enhance personal performance/development
- Building relationships across all groups and teams, looking for ways to cross-skill and collaborate.
What qualifications and skills are we looking for?
- Business degree (including Accounting, Commerce or Economics) with a minimum credit/B average, completed in either 2019 or 2020
- Enrolled in the Australian CA/CPA program commencing in 2021
We’ll also expect you to be curious to learn with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
You’ll want to get involved, roll up your sleeves and really immerse yourself in the learning and experience on offer. You’ll be calm under pressure, able to prioritise and have a strong client service attitude. It goes without saying that you have strong numerical skills and are proficient in using Microsoft Office software.
For further information, including a full position description please visit our website at careers.mallesons.com.
Why work with us?
We want to be the law firm clients love to work with and a great place to work and grow for our people. It’s important to us and our clients that you our people find working at KWM an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work, so we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work - we call this Agile Working.
Growth conversations and real-time feedback is also a priority. Whether it’s more targeted and meaningful conversations around professional and personal development, regular feedback, coaching or developing infrastructure, we want to help our people grow.
- Formal and informal flexible working
- Support for working parents including emergency childcare
- Comprehensive wellbeing program including gym memberships, flu vaccinations, skin checks, discounts on health, general insurance and other products and services
- Swap pay for leave and Time in Lieu
- Mobility around our network when opportunities arise
- Commitment to gender pay equity
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you must hold all visas and other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Economics
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2021, 11:59 am