We offer clerkships to give you a clear picture of what it’s like to be a lawyer at King & Wood Mallesons. You’ll get to know our people, the way we like to work, our culture, practice areas, clients and more.
How it works:
We've designed a program to help you make the most of your time with us. During your clerkship you'll learn:
- The day-to-day skills to get you started – taking instructions, meeting with clients, drafting memos and documents, managing your practice and professional relationships.
- The core practice teams at King & Wood Mallesons – who they are, what they do, how they're structured, the clients they work for, and of course, your role within them.
- Our culture – working within your team, you'll be exposed to (and encouraged) to get actively involved in the many activities and events that help create our unique culture.
- Our people – you'll find that people from every part of the business will help you along, sharing their knowledge, and ensuring you have everything you need to fit in, and do well.
You will be allocated a supervisor, development coach and buddy in your practice group, and you'll work closely with the partners, senior associates and solicitors in that team. It's a hands-on role, so you won’t just be watching from the sidelines. During your time in the team, you'll be involved in telephone conversations, meetings, client visits and the deals or matters the team is working on.
Our clerks also have the opportunity to get involved in the many social and sporting activities that go on in the firm as well as the broader community in which we live.
Please submit your application with your most up-to-date academics that you have at the time. If you are invited to the first interview, please bring a hard copy of your latest official transcript for us to sight. Please note there is no need to email through your transcript after the closing date for applications.
For further information on clerkships, please contact Megan Chalmers, People & Development Advisor, on +61 7 3244 8704 or email enquiries to [email protected]
- Job type:Clerkships
- Work rights:
Australian Student Visa, Australian Bridging...
- Closing Date:27th Mar 2020, 7:00 am