About the Clerkship Program
Clerkships give you a clearer picture of what it's like to be a lawyer at KWM. You'll get to know our people, our work, our culture, practice areas, clients and much more. For many, the Clerkship Program is the first stage of continuous professional development at KWM. Successful completion of the clerkship program is a deciding factor in determining graduate offers at KWM.
How it works:
We have designed a program to help you make the most of your time with us. During your clerkship, you'll learn:
- The day-to-day skills to get you started – taking instructions, drafting memos and documents, managing your practice and professional relationships.
- The core practice teams at KWM – who they are, what they do, how they're structured and the clients they work for.
- Our culture – working within your team, you'll be exposed to (and encouraged) to gain an insight into our unique culture.
- Our people – you'll find that people from every part of the business will help you by sharing their knowledge and support you through the early stages of your career and beyond.
- You will also participate in a clerkship innovation course which will provide you with fundamental learning on the LegalTech KWM uses.
It’s a hands-on role so you won’t just be watching from the sidelines!
Clerkship applications are open to penultimate or final year law students. To be eligible to apply for our clerkship program, you must be an Australian citizen, or permanent resident or hold, or be able to obtain, all other approvals necessary for you to work for the firm in Australia for the clerkship and the graduate program. By submitting an application, you confirm that you meet, or are reasonably able to meet, the eligibility requirements.
We do accept and welcome applications for the King & Wood Mallesons clerkship program from international students in their penultimate or final year of their Australian or New Zealand law degree, provided that you have unrestricted legal rights to work in Australia when you commence your clerkship and you are able to apply for a visa to continue to work unrestricted in Australia upon graduation. Graduates are responsible for independently obtaining the correct visa.
How to apply
Please apply by selecting the “apply now” link below and completing an online application form.
For any questions in relation to the application or recruitment process please contact Georgia Bowden at [email protected].
King & Wood Mallesons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to principles of diversity and inclusion. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
- Job type:Clerkships
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- accepts international
- Closing Date:14th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm