Our ability to connect Asia to the world, and the world to Asia, is our key differentiator. Our local talent and connections, and our understanding of the region’s culture, combined with our international execution platform, is unique. We are focused on opening up the world’s fastest growth region for clients.
We’re internationally connected market leaders who partner with businesses to create exceptional value for clients. And, we want you to be part of our success story.
KWM is a global firm with a community feel with room for everyone to make their mark. Our people are the difference.
Our belief in the power of together delivers the best results for our people, our clients, and the firm. We operate as one family, one firm working collaboratively and supporting each other across all cultures.
From time to time workload can be demanding, however we have a strong focus on recognising and acknowledging our staff’s contribution, to ensure all staff are able to achieve a healthy work life balance. There is support for hard work, and time to recharge. Each centre has social and sporting committees to help organise a wide range of activities for staff to enjoy, from themed Friday night drinks, bootcamp to yoga and Pilates. We also have a multitude of sporting teams including soccer, basketball, netball and cricket.
King & Wood Mallesons is a platform to achieving amazing things. Are you ready?
There is no one-size-fits all career. At KWM we understand that there are many different pathways that can lead to rewarding careers.
Once you’ve grown in confidence and experience after your Graduate Program, you’ll start to specialise in practice areas and industry sectors. You’ll be thinking about the future and which pathway to choose:
Senior Lawyer Track:
As capability, experience and industry knowledge develops some will become a senior associate (and some, special counsel) – with greater responsibility in leading teams and driving client matters.
Some will then go on to achieve partnership – building the capability and depth to become a leader and owner of the business. It takes a special person to become a partner: commercially smart, outstanding legal skills, a strong relationship builder, great business insight and more. KWM provides significant support to lawyers to grow on the partnership track.
KWM professional track:
Some will step into the business side of KWM, into marketing, knowledge management or other professional role. This area is growing in impact and importance.
Some lawyers use their KWM experience to pursue an alumni path. KWM has many successful alumni across; In-house counsel, Investment bank, Regulator, Barrister, Business executive, Entrepreneur, Author/academic and Judiciary.
We offer all our people the opportunity to excel; a career at King & Wood Mallesons is unique and challenging with clear rewards.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity for us is not optional - it is fundamental to our business success and to creating our great place to work.
Diverse teams cultivate different ideas, make unique contributions and offer innovative solutions. With an international client base such as ours, diversity enables us to deliver a service that reflects our clients’ needs, and deliver an exceptional client experience. We define this as diversity and inclusion.
Some of our key diversity priority areas are:
- advancing gender equality
- mainstreaming flexible and agile ways of working.
- strengthening our cultural intelligence and awareness
- creating a diverse workforce through partnering with Rare CRS Recruitment tool
- increasing LGBTI inclusion
- creating more pathways towards indigenous inclusion via our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
- continuing our focus on physical and mental wellbeing, including dedicated efforts to eliminate inappropriate behaviours such as harassment, bullying and discrimination.
KWM’s Commitment to the Community
Our firm is proud of the ongoing contribution that we make to the community. KWM in the Community is a multi-faceted, national integrated strategy that uses the skills of our lawyers and non-lawyers. We donate money and volunteer our time. As a firm, we have defined our specific charitable targets as being to:
- help children and young people at risk
- help alleviate poverty and improve community welfare.
One of our key objectives is to harness the legal skills and experience of our people to benefit the broader community and our clients. Our legal staff provides pro bono assistance on matters for community and non-profit organisations and volunteer at free legal clinics to help disadvantaged members of the community.
KWM support seven Hong Kong charity partners through our Workplace Giving program. The program allows partners and staff to make regular donations to their preferred charities directly from their salaries. All staff pledges are then matched dollar-for-dollar by the Firm.
Benefits and Activities
At King & Wood Mallesons we recognise that our staff are key to our firm's success. We believe that our staff should be rewarded appropriately for their contribution to that success.
Work & Life
- Work & Life is a suite of flexible working policies, including part-time work, job sharing, teleworking, flexible hours, an emergency child care service, child and elder care resource kits, a work/life links referral service, a no bullying policy, family friendly meeting times, time off for family commitments, a swap pay for leave program and other initiatives designed to balance life and work.
- King & Wood Mallesons recognises that agility and mobility in the way we work are key elements of an effective, engaged and productive workplace. The firm is committed to mainstreaming flexible and agile ways of working and actively supporting work-life balance through encouraging informal and ad-hoc variations to working arrangements. It is about empowering our people to manage their schedules in a more adaptable way.
- Our other benefits and activities include award and recognition programs, staff discounts, legal fees discounts, salary packaging, volunteers leave and leave of absence and social activities.
Health & Wellbeing
- Our Health and Wellbeing program provides a broad range of initiatives aimed at providing staff with easy access to health choices to keep you fit and maximise your overall wellbeing.