Our values, people, places and practices, underpin our culture. We operate in a collegial atmosphere where you will feel valued and your contribution recognised and rewarded. Informality and approachability are key aspects of our culture and teamwork is actively fostered.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in many activities offered by the firm. We provide forums for input and involvement to encourage networking and knowledge sharing for the development of our people.
Our sports program, social club activities, firm events and celebrations are a great way to build internal networks and become involved in the K&L Gates community.
We keep our people informed and in the know about firm opportunities and successes, allowing everyone to actively participate in our firm.
We know our people contribute to our success, so we make sure we take good care of them. Here are a few ways we support our people:
- Corporate discount arrangements made with well-known product and service providers.
- Employee Assistance Program – a confidential external professional counselling service.
- Flexible work arrangements – including part time, job share, flexible hours, working from home, career break and purchased annual leave.
- Parental leave –14 weeks paid leave for primary carers. In addition to paid leave, we offer additional programs and support for our working parents.
- Further education support.
- Salary continuance insurance.
- Salary packaging options.
- A wellbeing program designed to help you keep fit and healthy.
- Sports initiatives to enable you to join in a variety of corporate events from fun runs to team events.
Making a difference in our community is important to us and we provide you with a variety of opportunities to get involved.
- Global Day of Service – The goal of our annual Global Day of Service Program is to help foster and strengthen connections across the firm’s global platform and promote, recognise, and celebrate our commitment to community service around the world. Each year a different theme is selected, and in 2017 the theme was "Small Acts Transform the World. We had our partners and staff from each of the firm’s offices worldwide volunteering with more than 70 community organisations and charities.
- Workplace and people – Our Make a Difference program allows you to donate your time or money to our charity partners throughout the year.
- Pro bono – our relationships with a number of not-for-profit organisations means you can get involved in pro bono work.
Want to know more about what it's like to work at K&L Gates? Let us show you!