We believe in hiring individuals who will become a part of our collaborative, committed and diverse team, so it is important to us that you can demonstrate this in an interview. You should provide us with an understanding of our firm and why you want to be a part of it.
Solid academic results are important but to be a successful lawyer you need to demonstrate talent and skill in a variety of areas. You need to be able to demonstrate in your application commerciality, logic and attention to detail, as well as an enthusiasm for delivering exceptional service. More specifically, to be successful at K&L Gates you will have:
- Leadership experience: You’re a self-starter committed to personal and professional development. And you’ve demonstrated initiative, tenacity and potential.
- Curiosity: You’re a strategic thinker who solves problems creatively.
- Maturity: You possess sound judgment and have excellent people skills. You’re confident and professional.
- Passion: You must be dynamic, enthusiastic and excited about our firm.
- First class communication skills: You possess the ability to speak and write clearly and intelligently.
- Attributes of a team player: You’re approachable, adaptable to a variety of situations and enjoy participating in group activities. You’re a good listener, and you’re always willing to share thoughts and ideas.
We want to see that you are able to demonstrate all of this, but most importantly, we want you to be yourself!