Brighter futures start here.
At Kmart you’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same!
Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
As a Supply Chain Graduate you will be working with the team that are responsible for the day-to-day operations of Kmart's domestic and international supply chain, as well as the end-to-end management of the logistics, processes and distribution centre networks. The team focuses on safety, operational planning and execution, automation, operational performance, customer service and strategy, and are passionate about enabling future growth.
The function is made up of multiple teams including Assets & Automation, Transport, Equipment & Labour Hire, International Supply Chain (ISC) and Domestic Supply Chain. Team members in this function are mostly based in Kmart's National Office in Mulgrave, however you will work with other team mates based in distribution centres throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We are seeking a Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations or Engineering Graduate to join our Supply Chain team at Kmart.
As a Supply Chain graduate on any day you could be working on:
- Supply Chain day-to-day management (supplier to store fulfilment)
- Working on projects optimising the end-to-end supply chain
- Supply Chain planning - inventory management, volume forecasting and network balancing
- Customer focus - including feedback, issue resolution, problem solving, service targets and future planning
- Safety - processes, systems, reporting, incident investigation and risk management
- Implementation of operational excellence - including KPI dashboards, end-to-end process management, structured continuous improvement,problem solving (lean and six sigma)
- Resource management - such as workforce performance, rostering and third-party management
- Future workforce planning - the changing profile of skillsets (e.g. automation, digital)
Perks and benefits we’ll offer you:
- Flexible working – you’ll choose when and where you work.
- We’ll provide multiple ways for you to learn from online micro-credentialing in Udemy, support to gain certifications to tech community events and more.
- Great career opportunities across the broader Wesfarmers Group.
- We offer inclusive leave and ongoing support for team members of all backgrounds and circumstances.
- Free on-site parking when you’re required to come into the office.
- A team member discount card that gives you a discount at Kmart, Target, Bunnings, and Officeworks.
- A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible products.
- Access to the Kmart for You benefits program which entitles you to exclusive discounts and benefits in the areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, and health – with over 60 suppliers!
To be eligible for our 2023 Graduate Program, you'll need to:
- Be an Australian/New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree within the last 3 years of program start date (e.g. 2020, 2021, 2022 or January 2023)
- Be able to commence full time employment commencing February 2023
- Be willing to relocate to Melbourne at own cost (if necessary), and commit to staying for a minimum of 3 years
- Have studied the relevant degree/discipline
To join the Supply Chain team, you'll need to have a tertiary qualification in Logistics, Operations or Engineering (ideally with exposure to robotics, automation or digital).
If this sounds like you, then apply now!
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Operations
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:4th Sep 2022, 1:59 pm