Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The Junior / Graduate Accountant will have exposure to many facets of the Komatsu Underground Mining finance organistion with opportunities to grow into more senior finance roles in the future.
The role will assist with the accurate and timely reporting of month end financial results to local leadership and to Komatsu Mining HQ in Milwaukee, USA and support FP&A activities as required.
Further it will perform a range of support functions to the Finance team and the Moss Vale facility, this is expected to be a diverse & dynamic role.
- Assistance in preparation of financial month end process:-
- Preparation / Processing of Standing & General journals
- Reconciliations of Balance Sheet Accounts
- Analysis of financial results vs Budget or Forecast
- Assisting with commentary on financial results
- Setting up and execution of SAP reports in line with the month end timetable
- Application of cash to customer accounts on a daily basis
- General Office administration activities, for example:-
- Covering reception area during early morning period
- Management of Fleet vehicles on site
- Oversee Electronic Meeting room bookings
- General Backup for Finance team members during periods of leave
- Assistance with the Annual Budget process
- Weekly labour metric reporting to Operations
- Compliance with JSox internal controls
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience in finance role preferred but not essential.
Familiarity with Microsoft Excel
Degree in Accounting desirable.
Have commenced or are seeking to complete formal professional accounting qualification (CPA/CA)
Good communication skills – written and verbal.
Strong analytical, critical thinking skills, and have a good eye for detail.
Organisational skills and capable of multi-tasking.
Proactive, takes initiative.
Outgoing, positive personality
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Regional New South...
- Closing Date:2nd Nov 2021, 12:59 pm