Different Mindset. Different Opportunity.
At KordaMentha, we’re known for doing things differently. And we’re known for coming up with bold new ways to help clients solve their most complex commercial problems.
We help clients throughout their lifecycle. We help them grow and maximise value. We help protect them against financial loss and reputational damage. And we help them recover value in tough times.
At KordaMentha, we provide the opportunity to work on interesting and varied engagements, where no two days are the same.
By joining us a graduate, you will become part of a unique, creative and entrepreneurial team that works together to solve complex business problems. You will be given the opportunity to engage in a supportive environment where you’re encouraged to ask “what if?” and “why not?” to find new ways to help clients grow, protect and recover value. Best of all, you’ll learn from a diverse group of people while we invest in your study and training.
Your opportunity: Restructuring
Our leading restructuring group works with companies in financial distress – to restructure and stabilise the business or to recover value on behalf of stakeholders. We are seeking people with a different mindset to join our Sydney, Townsville, Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane teams for our 2021 graduate intake.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work in creative project teams to manage Australia’s largest and most complex corporate restructures, receiverships, administrations and liquidations. As a graduate with us you can expect to:
- work along alongside our clients to assist them with the day-to-day management of distressed businesses, gaining practical skills about running a business
- manage affected stakeholders, from employees to creditors
- help to meet statutory obligations required for the engagements
- join meetings with clients and key stakeholders
- participate in business development and marketing activities, allowing you to develop relationships with your peers, both inside and outside the firm
- identify and research new opportunities by analysing financial and market information and reporting back to Partners
But it’s not all about work. You’ll be given a buddy to help you navigate office life as you settle in. You’ll choose a mentor who will help guide your career. We host regular events and activities, bringing together our close-knit team in a friendly and relaxed environment so you can get to know the people behind the professionals. You’ll also become a member of Accelerate, our young professionals networking group. You can also make a positive difference in your community through regular charity and industry events. Whether it’s volunteering at local food rescue venues or participating in a stair challenge or bike rides to raise money for children’s charities, you can get involved and give back.
You will be a graduate or student in your final year of study and will have:
- an accounting or finance degree
- empathy and integrity
- strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- excellent analytical, technical and communication skills
- the drive and ability to think outside-the-box
- strong interpersonal qualities
- a focus on delivering excellent client service
- strong academic results
- eligibility to live and work in Australia (Australian citizens and permanent residents only)
Applications closing dates:
Perth – 15 March 2020
Sydney – 22 March 2020
Brisbane – 22 March 2020
Townsville – 22 March 2020
Melbourne – 29 March 2020
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen,...
- Closing Date:29th Mar 2020, 12:59 pm