Different Mindset. Different Opportunity.
At KordaMentha, we’re known for doing things differently. And we’re known for coming up with bold new ways to help clients solve their most complex commercial problems.
We help clients throughout their lifecycle. We help them grow and maximise value. We help protect them against financial loss and reputational damage. And we help them recover value in tough times.
At KordaMentha, we provide the opportunity to work on interesting and varied engagements, where no two days are the same.
By joining us a vacationer, you will become part of a unique, creative and entrepreneurial team that works together to solve complex business problems. You will be given the opportunity to engage in a supportive environment where you’re encouraged to ask “what if?” and “why not?” to find new ways to help clients grow, protect and recover value. Best of all, you’ll learn from a diverse group of people while we invest in your study and training. You may only be here for a short time, but you will get exposure to a wide variety of tasks and by the end of the placement, you’ll have a really good understanding of the industry and whether this is something you’d like to do as a graduate career!
Your opportunity: Restructuring
Our leading restructuring group works with companies in financial distress – to restructure and stabilise the business or to recover value on behalf of stakeholders. We work for company directors, lenders, shareholders, employees and other creditors to recover value on their behalf. Looking beyond the numbers, we consider how our actions affect people’s lives and communities. Taking bold and creative steps, we achieve the best result for all stakeholders.
Our Restructuring group has been entrusted with many of Asia-Pacific's largest and most complex corporate restructures, including Network Ten, Arrium, Tassal, Gunns, Timbercorp, Forge, Sydney Cross City Tunnel, Redbank and Ansett Australia, and the recent restructures of retailers Seafolly and Tigerlily.
What you’ll be doing
As a vacationer in our restructuring group, you’ll work in creative project teams to manage Australia’s largest and most complex corporate restructures, receiverships, administrations and liquidations. While no two days will be the same, you can expect to:
- work onsite to assist the team with the day to day running of distressed business
- manage creditor enquires and process receipts and payments
- help to meet statutory obligations including preparing business activity statements and ASIC forms
- attend meetings with clients and key stakeholders
- participate in business development and marketing activities
- research new opportunities by analysing financial and market information and reporting back to Partners
But it’s not all about work. You’ll be given a buddy to help you navigate office life as you settle in. We have regular catch ups with People and Culture to ensure you are getting the most out of your placement. We host regular events and activities, bringing together our close-knit team in a friendly and relaxed environment so you can get to know the people behind the professionals.
You will be a student in your penultimate year of study and will have:
- an accounting or finance degree (completing)
- empathy and integrity
- strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- excellent analytical, technical and communication skills
- an ability to think outside-the-box
- strong interpersonal qualities
- a focus on delivering excellent client service
- strong academic results
- some prior work experience
- be available to work for 4 or 8 weeks between late November 2021 and late January 2022
- eligibility to live and work in Australia (Australian citizens and permanent residents only)
Application close - 14 March 2021
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen,...
- POSITION START DATE
Sep 2021 (approx)
- Program Duration
4 or 8 Weeks
- Closing Date:14th Mar 2021, 12:59 pm