Different Mindset. Different Opportunity.
At KordaMentha, we’re known for doing things differently. And we’re known for coming up with bold new ways to help clients solve their most complex commercial problems.
We help clients throughout their lifecycle. We help them grow and maximise value. We help protect them against financial loss and reputational damage. And we help them recover value in tough times.
At KordaMentha, we provide the opportunity to work on interesting and varied engagements, where no two days are the same.
By joining us a graduate, you will become part of a unique, creative and entrepreneurial team that works together to solve complex business problems. You will be given the opportunity to engage in a supportive environment where you’re encouraged to ask “what if?” and “why not?” to find new ways to help clients grow, protect and recover value. Best of all, you’ll learn from a diverse group of people while we invest in your study and training.
Applying ‘a different mindset’ is at the heart of everything KordaMentha does, and it is fuelled by the diversity of our peoples’ experiences and backgrounds. We are committed to enhancing diversity within the firm and celebrating differences. We work with our people to make reasonable adjustments and support their ability to thrive in a positive, barrier-free environment through the recruitment process and into the workplace.
Your opportunity: Forensic
Our forensic group uncover, analyse and clarify facts at the centre of disputes, investigations and other sensitive matters. We are one of the largest teams of forensic investigators, forensic accountants and forensic technology specialists in Asia-Pacific and are regularly called on to provide evidence in sensitive, high-profile disputes and investigations.
This graduate role is to work primarily in forensic accounting and investigations.
We consider applicants with any degree, not just accounting. We value curiosity and creativity, and we are looking for graduates who can work as part of an expert team to solve our clients’ most difficult problems. Our work involves explaining difficult and complex concepts to our clients, often in a report or presentation, so we are looking for all-rounders who enjoy writing as much as analysing numbers.
What you’ll be doing
As a forensic accountant, you need to be able to take complex information and present it in a simple way. This normally involves reviewing and analysing evidence, both factual and financial, and our findings may even be used in Court. While no two days will be the same, you can expect to work on a wide variety of complex projects, including forensic accounting, data analytics, and investigations. Some of the work might include the following:
- review and analyse financial information to really understand the data, and to perhaps determine if any anomalies exist
- draft reports of key findings for clients, often for use as an independent expert in court.
- build simple financial models
- scrutinise information using professional scepticism
- attend client and internal meetings
- attend interviews of witnesses/suspects with senior staff and take notes
- contribute to our popular series of publications and blogs
- attend events and other marketing activities with lawyers and other clients
But it’s not all about work. You’ll be given a buddy to help you navigate office life as you settle in. You’ll choose a mentor who will help guide your career. We host regular events and activities, bringing together our close-knit team in a friendly and relaxed environment so you can get to know the people behind the professionals. You’ll also become a member of Accelerate, our young professionals networking group.
You can also make a positive difference in your community through regular charity and industry events. Whether it’s volunteering at local food rescue venues or participating in a stair challenge or bike rides to raise money for children’s charities, you can get involved and give back.
You will be a recent graduate or student in your final year of study and will have:
- a bachelor’s degree with strong academic results, preferably in accounting, commerce, science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
- a razor-sharp eye for detail and advanced critical thinking skills.
- excellent analytical skills, with an ability to think outside-the-box.
- a confident personality who enjoys working in a team.
- eligibility to live and work in Australia (Australian and New Zealand citizens and permanent residents only).
Applications close – Sunday 5 September 2021
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Engineering, Information...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:5th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm