- Risk is everywhere – help businesses and communities minimise it and respond effectively
- Join a graduate program where you’ll be doing the real work; not the boring admin jobs – your career development is our priority
- You’ve studied hard, now apply it to real problems and find your specialist risk field
Are you interested in how our world weighs up risk vs. reward?
Are you good at seeing both sides of the coin – the good and the bad?
Do you wonder how companies can be both compliant and competitive?
Taking a graduate position in Risk consulting teams here might see you:
modelling scenarios to calculate the chances of events happening (hello, pandemic!) and designing ways to reduce the impact (Actuarial Services team)
using forensic technology to expose bribery and money laundering (Forensics team)
identifying risks to human rights in a company’s material sourcing and labour hire practices (Human Rights and Social Impact team a.k.a Banarra)
improving performance and trust by making recommendations to improve a complaints system (Compliance and Conduct team)
About our graduate program
KPMG’s Graduate Pathway is a 12-month development program underpinned by specific learning in your chosen specialism. The program lets you be the driver, with flexibility to choose your specialism and support you to decide what you want to learn. Our program is flexible because it needs to be tailored to every single graduate.
Our Risk teams:
When you apply, you’ll need to select which Finance team you’re interested in joining:
- Actuarial Services
- Behavioural Risk
- Climate Change & Sustainability
- Compliance & Conduct
- Contract Assurance Performance - Vendor Performance
- Financial Risk Management
- Governance, Risk & Controls Advisory
- Risk Strategy & Technology
- Superannuation Advisory
- Enterprise - Risk Consulting
What is KPMG?
KPMG Australia is a professional services firm. Clients across a wide range of industries, government, and not-for-profit sectors come to us with complex challenges and our teams develop real-world, sustainable solutions in partnership with them.
We offer a full range of services across Audit, Assurance & Risk Consulting; Deals, Tax & Legal; Management Consulting; and Innovation & Digital Solutions. Plus, our KPMG Enterprise division is dedicated to the unique needs of mid-sized, fast-growing and family-owned businesses.
Our approximately 9,000 people have expertise across almost every industry and specialism. We could be working on anything from helping a family-owned apple farm branch out into growing a new fruit to improvement opportunities while auditing a telecommunication company’s books or finding ways to increase jobs in a remote island community.
We have 13 offices around the country and we’re part of the global KPMG network of firms, operating in 146 countries and territories.
Why choose us?
Working out where to take your career is hard and daunting but you can fast track things here.
The work we do is diverse (and so are the people you’ll work with), so you’ll collect lots of experience quickly to help you find the path that’s right for you.
Sure, most professional services firms offer ‘great experience’ but this is how we’re different:
- Our leaders and your colleagues are truly committed to graduate development: you’ll be doing the real work to build your career intentionally.
- We see you: It took commitment to get your qualification. You want to use it! With us you’ll apply your new knowledge to real-world challenges. Every team is committed to helping our clients navigate through their challenges, so your work will be meaningful, not just a transaction.
- Our graduate support and social events are brilliant: you’ll build a network who will support you now and into the future, wherever you go – from your fellow graduates to your business mentors and experts.
- A huge menu of perks. Here’s a taste:
- employee discounts (JB HiFi, The Iconic, Virgin and 100s more partners)
- volunteer leave - the whole firm volunteers together on Act for SDGs day!
- Clubs for whatever interest you have – running, books, yoga, German language… take your pick and join a community
- Brilliant social clubs in each city (think comedy nights and an annual ball… covid restrictions permitting!)
- well-supported inclusion networks such as our Belong cultural network, [email protected] and the KPMG Indigenous Network
It’s a truly inclusive culture and by that we mean that everyone who wants to help our clients, communities and their colleagues grow sustainably and do meaningful work is welcome. Our clients tell us the way we go about our work is what sets us apart – we think deeply and differently to solve complex problems. Diversity of thought is what makes that happen.
We’re proud of creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. For us, our difference comes down to people and culture:
- Our people are smart, innovative, curious and respectful.
- Our culture is open, inclusive and collaborative.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, start your application now.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Banking and Finance, Business...
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
Canberra, Regional ACT,...
- Closing Date:28th Jan 2022, 12:55 pm