Graduate Program - Research & Development - Lidcombe - 2 years
- Are you looking for a graduate experience with meaningful work?
- Are you looking to working on challenging projects?
- Do you want be part of a Company that will train and develop you?
- Are you looking to be supported by an assigned mentor to give you all the tips and advice to help you thrive?
Well, if your answer is YES, don’t wait any longer! Here you will have a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door of a leading organisation. You will have access to both Australian & international career opportunities with a highly competitive salary.
COME JOIN US!
We are Lactalis Australia - we live the #Lactalis Experience
Lactalis is a STORY of a family business created in 1933 and is today the worlds’ No. 1 dairy company. We are 85,000 loyal employees working across 100 countries and together we create the #LactalisExperience.
Lactalis Australia’s iconic and heritage brands are our PASSION, providing quality and nutritious products for all Australians. We continue to be humble, proud and resilient.
We have great people, and we care for our land, farmers and consumers, which is our driving purpose to ensure a responsible and sustainable dairy industry.
We take pride in developing our internal talent and encourage entrepreneurship by bringing together pragmatic and tenacious personalities. Our accountability ensures we have ownership within our roles and with our EXPERTISE and dairy “know how”, sets us apart. Here at Lactalis Australia you can make a difference!
With a presence in every State and Territory within Australia, We are Lactalis Australia - we live the #Lactalis Experience
We are launching our exciting graduate program in 10 of our locations for 2022, which include some sites that manufacture our Cheese & Ingredients, Yoghurts and Desserts and Milk!
What can you expect from our Graduate Program?
Lactalis Australia is currently looking for recent graduates to take part in our Industrial Operations Graduate Program from February 2022 to December 2023. We will accept early commencement for this program.
Your mission is to help the Research and Development team develop new products into the market. To be able to do this you will:
- Identify different processes and filling technologies used in the milk factory. Determine and help understand the key parameters that impact shelf-life and quality of the finished product.
- Understand the project brief and design a trial request, identify the sampling plan and testing schedule required for quality and shelf-life validation.
- Manage timeline for trials and monitor stock for bench and pilot plant trial ingredients.
- Organise weigh up of ingredients required for Bench and pilot plant trials.
- Run bench and pilot plant trials relating to a project brief, assist the Pilot Plant Officer to run pilot plant trials and conduct the necessary analysis.
- Schedule and conduct sensory evaluation of trialled product. Compare with current or competitor products and determine key parameters to improve the product being developed.
- Analyse data from Bench and Pilot plant and write up trial reports.
- Understand current company testing procedures and optimise them if needed. Co-relate it with food regulations and then determine the constraints that they can bring on designing the finished product.
- Analyse the trials and production parameters and conclude by circulating a report to key stakeholders of the project.
This is a multi-faceted program that involves the following:
- An assigned mentor, learn leadership skills and gain insight into different management areas;
- Project work and presentations based on your accomplished work;
- Training that includes leading and coaching, project management, an introductory course on the dairy industry run by an expert training organisation, a development week working on your communication and key transversal skills and more…
What’s in it for you?
Lactalis Australia has designed this program with the aim of giving you the tools you need to kick start a rewarding and successful career. This is a rare opportunity to develop technical and interpersonal skills, while learning how to manage and communicate with key stakeholders. You'll gain hands on experience and this will allow you to choose a path right for you!
Managers and mentors will be beside you throughout the program, offering advice and insight to help you along the way. In addition to this invaluable support, you'll also be given a level of autonomy to make your own decisions and grow as a leader.
Performance reviews will be conducted throughout the program and Lactalis Australia will make every effort to secure a permanent position upon completion of the program. This being said, there is certainly scope for successful graduates to begin a full-time career in one of the many Lactalis Australia sites nationally.
In return for your hard work and dedication throughout the program, you'll be rewarded with a highly competitive base salary plus super, along with all the rewards that come from being a part of a global industry leader.
Should I apply?
Lactalis Australia welcomes applications from candidates who have completed a degree within the last 24 months, or who will be graduating before the end of 2021.
You are an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident and you have a Bachelor Degree in food science/technology, food/chemical engineering, biochemistry, nutrition, microbiology or chemistry or food-related graduate qualification.
As you're a recent graduate, Lactalis does not expect you to have extensive experience, however the following would be highly beneficial:
- Excel knowledge
- Knowledge about the dairy industry and a passion for wanting to work in FMCG / dairy
- A desire to grow and succeed with Lactalis Australia
- Strong academic results
- A general idea of how to manage a range of stakeholders
- Awareness of health and safety within a work environment
We are looking for a graduate that is detailed oriented and rigorous, that is customer focused and that has great analytical skills.
Does this sound like you? Then don't miss this outstanding opportunity to begin your career with one of Australia's leading FMCG companies - Apply Now!
Applications close 5th November, 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing, Environment, Fast...
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Permanent...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:5th Nov 2021, 7:00 am