The Graduate Development Programme is an award-winning two-year rotational programme targeted at high-potential, highly motivated university graduates. The programme is designed to stretch and challenge you, while at the same time providing a comprehensive overview of Laing O’Rourke’s diverse business and operations.
Combining practical on-the- job experience, technical learning and professional development, our Graduates are provided with the opportunity to work across a variety of exciting projects, functions, sectors and regions within the organisation. We provide unparalleled career opportunities for talented graduates who are positive, team-focused and performance-driven.
Laing O’Rourke Graduates are provided with the opportunity to work in a variety of exciting projects, placements and positions throughout the organisation to give you a comprehensive overview of the business. By completion of the programme, you will have gained new knowledge, skills and networks across a range of different functions, projects, regions and sectors of the business.
The Graduate Development Programme focuses on developing the foundations of a successful career by offering you:
- A structured two year professional development programme
- Project-based and office-based rotations through key disciplines of the business
- Responsibility to be entrusted with (and accountable for) meaningful work that will stretch you
- Regular goal setting, support, feedback and performance reviews with your line manager
- An assigned mentor to support and assist you with career planning and progression
- Access to the latest research and development at Laing O’Rourke
- Access to senior leaders in the business
- The opportunity to network with peers across Australia
- Access to a range of technical and professional skills training
- Coaching and support from our national Graduate Development Team
- Regular national Graduate Development Day conferences and networking opportunities
- Opportunity to achieve professional chartership accreditation with your relevant industry body
What do we look for?
We look for Graduates who:
- Are due to complete a relevant university degree prior to joining us in 2018.
- Are determined and driven with a demonstrated record of achievement.
- Work with energy, initiative and enthusiasm.
- Commit to creating a positive culture that puts safety at the heart of what we do.
- Challenge and change practices to encourage innovative thinking.
- Commit to learning and development, and seek opportunities to develop their potential.
- Continually improve efficiency and develop flexible solutions for our clients.
- Work collaboratively as one team to support the total capability of our business.
- Are adaptable and mobile to work across Australia with full Australian working rights.