This role is a rare opportunity to gain real life experience in a new logistics division in Australia, of a global organisation, which is evolving and expanding, with a view that if successful in this internship, there will be opportunities for other roles within the organisation.
The Logistics Intern, will work in all areas of the business, including, logistics, freight forwarding, transport, finance, sales & marketing and administration.
And, be provided training by all our Department heads and Managers.
This internship is being offered as a 6 months package, ideally for students or recent graduates, studying Logistics or similar.
It will require a commitment of 2 weeks up front as voluntary service to facilitate initial induction, set up and trial. Followed by a 6 month package, paying $20 per hour for a 20 hour week, plus, leave and super.
(4 days by 5 hours, or 5 days by 4 hours, or by mutual arrangement)
At the conclusion of the internship, there will be further employment opportunities for the right candidate.
Legend Logistics Australia, is a division of the Singapore based Legend Group, (established in 2012), a highly-specialised global expert for specialised logistics, container and iso tank transport, offering major project solutions with an innovative and unique approach.
Offering freight forwarding and project logistics solutions tailored for their local and import requirements for clients all over the world.
As part of ongoing development, in early 2019, the directors established a project logistics division based in Australia.
The highly professional and selected management team, having secured successful and long term contracts, are undertaking extensive recruitment to secure the right team to deliver on these tier 1 contracts, with an emphasis on innovation, solution focus, servicing customers to an exceptional standard and deliverables above market value.
Reporting to the Finance Manager:-
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES, but not limited to:-
· Answering phones as required
· General administration support and assistance to the team
· Data entry into xero
· Support with sales invoicing
· And, sales paperwork
· Database management
· Sales and Marketing support
· Adhere to Health and Safety Procedures
· Training, including but not limited to:-
- freight forwarding
- transport operations
- fleet management
- EDI/Cargowise and other software
KEY COMPETENCY AND SKILLS:
· Prefer a graduate or student in Logistics or related field
· Demonstrated enthusiasm and genuine interest in pursuing a career in Logistics
· We hire on potential and the right attitude
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously as part of a team, fostering a positive culture
· Willingness to do whatever it takes to serve our customers, internally and externally, with a ‘can do’ attitude
· Positive attitude, initiative, problem solving, focus on solutions, and attention to details
· Strong computer literacy with MS Office
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain, Transport
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- 26 - 50 Cherry Lane, Laverton NorthLocations:
- Closing Date:28th Aug 2021, 12:59 pm