Life Trading is seeking a full-time Graduate Equities Trader for our Manly office.
Life Trading is a small trading company with an atmosphere that is relaxed and flexible. We are focussed strongly on results and excellence, and emphasise a work-life balance and a team culture.
Working in a high calibre team based in Sydney and London, you will be trading equities with a focus on statistical arbitrage and systematic trading. You will also analyse market data to enhance current strategies and develop new ones.
- Research and Development – 70%
- Perform advanced data analysis in Python and MS Office, including analysis using our existing backtesting frameworks.
- Collaborate with developers and quant researchers for specification of improvements and new features that can aid the Equities team
- Research quantitative methods to automate existing strategies to identify and efficiently trade opportunities.
- Trading – 20%
- Work as part of a 24hr trading team.
- Manually add, delete and modify orders on multiple exchanges using Bloomberg and brokers with the intent to trade profitably.
- Prudently manage trading risk within given parameters.
- Assist and collaborate with other traders and developers in all trading teams.
- Assist in development and analysis of trading signals, risk management and execution.
- Admin – 10%
- Follow and apply the company values and adhere to company policies.
- Report to the Head of Equities.
- Possible working hours till 4am on occasion.
- Improve and automate existing admin procedures.
- Adhere to all relevant exchange rules and regulations.
- Assist in management of corporate actions.
- Final year student or recent graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related disciplines with a strong emphasis on programming.
- Proven ability to multitask.
- Fluent English.
- Exceptional skills in:
- Time series analysis
- Python, Pandas or similar
- MS Office
- Basic knowledge of Bloomberg.
- Experience of working in a small team.
- If you would like to apply for this position, please send a covering letter with your application, outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
- All positions at Life Trading are subject to a police and bankruptcy check.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Data Science and Analytics,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- POSITION START DATE
Jul 2022 (approx)
- Closing Date:16th Jun 2022, 12:59 pm