About the Instructor (Tutor) Position:
We are looking for energetic, positive individuals to work as Instructors (Tutors) in a Lindamood-Bell® Learning Centre. We teach students of all ages to read and comprehend to their potential, including those with a previous diagnosis such as dyslexia or an autism spectrum disorder. These positions are casual. Paid training in the programmes used by Lindamood-Bell is provided. Required hours during the training are generally 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday, for two weeks. Following the training, as a casual employee your hours will vary week-to-week according to the instructional needs of the Centre. Lindamood-Bell instruction is implemented by Instructors we call Clinicians, and Learning Centre instructional leaders utilising our co-founders' research-validated programmes. Clinicians work with students one-to-one and/or in a small group settings, implementing lesson plans that follow Lindamood-Bell programmes for reading, language comprehension, and math. They also might facilitate curriculum for students enrolled in our private school, Lindamood-Bell Academy. Clinicians work with students in-person and online. Lindamood-Bell Instructors:
- Employ a Socratic questioning method to help students develop their language and literacy skills
- Implement positive-reinforcement strategies that maximise learning, in a cheerful and authentic manner
- Have excellent reading, spelling, and comprehension skills
- Are proficient with basic computer skills and are able to type notes about student performance while leading engaging sessions
- Have a passion for helping others reach their potential
- Provide one-to-one and/or small group instruction, in-person or online, based upon each client’s learning needs
- Work with Centre Director or Centre Manager, Associate Centre Director, and Consultants to implement client plans
- Facilitate use of curriculum provided for Lindamood-Bell Academy students
- Interact positively and professionally with clients and staff to provide a safe and positive learning environment
About Us:Lindamood-Bell is an internationally recognised leader in the research and remediation of learning difficulties. Our Learning Centres are located across the United States, as well as in Australia, Canada, Singapore, and the United Kingdom. We provide professional development to educators around the world. Over the years we have partnered with institutions including the University of Washington, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, MIT, Wake Forest University, and Georgetown University, to allow for independent analysis of our instruction. Our work has been recognised by the U.S. Department of Education and has been reviewed in scientific journals such as Nature, Neuron, and NeuroImage. Reporting on our success has appeared in Newsweek, US News, and World Report, CNN, BBC and PBS, among others.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at LindamoodBell.com.
Applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and background checks. Preferred applicants will be required to provide a prohibited employment declaration and consent to a Working With Children check as required by the Commission for Children and Young People Act 1998 (Cth). It is an offence for a prohibited person to apply.
Lindamood-Bell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes follows applicable requirements regarding applicants and criminal histories.
- Job type:Casual Jobs
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- 416 Higuera Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401Locations:
- Closing Date:27th Nov 2020, 12:59 pm